Why become a member? ×

Boss bass synth pedal(syb3). Tracking probs.

weepaul

Well,sometimes its fine,but when it goes wrong its horrible(an EVIL Nintendo as one guy described it).
From Left to right-Boss octaver,Boss distortion,Boss synth,Boss chorus,Dunlop wah. All going into the effects loop on my Trace. Any tips on how to make it behave ? Theres nothing worse as when I go to use it and next thing its ''bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwooooooooopppppppppddddeeeeeeeewwwwwwww''.

Also it can make a difference where you fret the notes. Further up the neck is preferred, as the harmonic content / overtones make it easier for pedals to track them - certainly true of octave pedals, so might be worth a punt with the SYB3.

For example, instead of playing 'C' at 3rd fret on the 'A' string try repositioning this note at 8th fret "E" string and see if that makes a difference.

Also, have you tried running into the pedal before the amp instead of the FX loop?

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1333061411' post='1596981']
Also it can make a difference where you fret the notes. Further up the neck is preferred, as the harmonic content / overtones make it easier for pedals to track them - certainly true of octave pedals, so might be worth a punt with the SYB3.

For example, instead of playing 'C' at 3rd fret on the 'A' string try repositioning this note at 8th fret "E" string and see if that makes a difference.

[b]Also, have you tried running into the pedal before the amp instead of the FX loop?[/b]
[/quote]
this.

IME it is just a bad tracking pedal.

Best resualts with a super compressed sound and not going to near the bottom end of the spectrum, having the octave before it probably isnt helping it, if that loses where it is at all the SYB is not going to know who it is let alone what it should be doing.

• 1 year later...

I run mine after a VT2 if its on the VT is on otherwise the tracking is poo or it won't trigger at all. I like to have synth up front because its synthesising its own tone regardless of the effect going into it. also it can sound great with a bit of octave, distortion, filter and or chorus after it

+1 to getting things out of the FX loop. It's not usually a good enough signal for your tracking effects.

If that fails, get a EHX BMS or Markbass SS & put it before it & then put the SYB3 into bypass mode. That should cure it. :yarr: