Why become a member? ×

Light 4x10 cab

ReeV0

[quote name='jjl5590' post='174849' date='Apr 11 2008, 09:34 PM']hi,

can someone please reccommend any good 4x10 cabs that are £500 or under and 30KG (65lbs) or under.

many thanks :)[/quote]
ampeg svt410he sounds superb not sure of the weight though,least mines on castors but doesnt seem heavy.dont think you would get new one for £500 unless there was a bloody good deal somewhere,also tryed ashdown abm 4x10 not bad and they would be under £500 (sound control).but weigh 36kg

Edited by bassmansky

the warwick WCA 411 ND looks pretty good. i will be using it with a Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II or a 1001RB-II. i play mainly slap so i want something good for that. I'm also looking at getting two Gallien-Krueger Neo212 cabs, but this only makes 4 speakers altogether instead of the possible 8, and i'm wondering if it will be loud enough. I'll be playing rock with 2 guitarists..

It does not matter how many times you ask the questions you are gonna get the same answers from the same people. Everyone on here has their favourite squeeze and thats the answer you will get from a lot of people, no matter what question you ask. Thats how it is. I have pointed you at the wiki but you dont seem to want to learn what affects volume.

The only indicator of how loud a cabinet will go is the measured sensitivity and frequency response graph but the latter are never published and the sensitivity can be imaginative. I cant find the figures for the Warwick as they dont appear to publish them but I have just looked at the GK website and the Neo 212 is 101dB and the 410RBH is 102dB. IdB is probably inaudible. You would usually gain 3dB by adding another cab.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='174861' date='Apr 11 2008, 09:49 PM']ampeg svt410he sounds superb not sure of the weight though,least mines on castors but doesnt seem heavy.dont think you would get new one for £500 unless there was a bloody good deal somewhere,also tryed ashdown abm 4x10 not bad and they would be under £500 (sound control).but weigh 36kg[/quote]

£515 at Dolphin right now
[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12323/a/r/e/google"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...23/a/r/e/google[/url]

But ...
Weight: 91 Pounds

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='174900' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:00 PM']It does not matter how many times you ask the questions you are gonna get the same answers from the same people. Everyone on here has their favourite squeeze and thats the answer you will get from a lot of people, no matter what question you ask. Thats how it is. I have pointed you at the wiki but you dont seem to want to learn what affects volume.

The only indicator of how loud a cabinet will go is the measured sensitivity and frequency response graph but the latter are never published and the sensitivity can be imaginative. I cant find the figures for the Warwick as they dont appear to publish them but I have just looked at the GK website and the Neo 212 is 101dB and the 410RBH is 102dB. IdB is probably inaudible. You would usually gain 3dB by adding another cab.[/quote]

The Ferret speaks the truth
However 6 speakers looks louder :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='174904' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:19 PM']£515 at Dolphin right now
[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12323/a/r/e/google"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/fl...23/a/r/e/google[/url]

But ...
Weight: 91 Pounds[/quote]
really that heavy!suppose better quality though.

[quote name='OldGit' post='174904' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:19 PM']£515 at Dolphin right now

But ...
Weight: 91 Pounds[/quote]

[quote name='bassmansky' post='175035' date='Apr 12 2008, 10:15 AM']really that heavy!suppose better quality though.[/quote]
No - just f***ing heavy!

[quote name='jjl5590' post='175107' date='Apr 12 2008, 12:15 PM']anyone got any other ideas other than ashdown?[/quote]
go to your local music store and try everything hopefully they will have a good selection(or maybe not)then you will hear it for yourself.for £500 it should be good no matter what name is on it.people have different opinions thats why their is several to choose from.i spent 2 hours trying different gear before i bought anything.good luck with your search anyway.

[quote name='jjl5590' post='175107' date='Apr 12 2008, 12:15 PM']anyone got any other ideas other than ashdown?[/quote]
You live in London according to your sig. I know London is a big place but the Gallery that I have already given you a link for is one of the best shops in the UK. Go there! If you can travel get out to the Bass Merchant that I have given you the link for in Essex. Depending on where in London you live that may easier. Go there.

The answers to your questions are there - not on here. The most consistant advice you have had is GK so try that first.

If you keep ignoring the advice you are getting the advisers will start ignoring you.

sorry i dont mean to ignore people, i guess i just have strong opinions based on no facts lol.

does the gallery have everything in their shop that they do on their website do you know? also it looks way overpriced to me but i guess i can buy somewhere else

[quote name='jjl5590' post='175165' date='Apr 12 2008, 01:47 PM']does the gallery have everything in their shop that they do on their website do you know? also it looks way overpriced to me but i guess i can buy somewhere else[/quote]
That I dont know. Give them a call or email. They will usually price match I believe but i've never been there myself.

I'd say your best bet for crystal clear slap stuff would be the Epifani UL310, which really beats quite a lot of 410s volume wise, despite one less speaker! You'd have to go used, but it would definitely be worth it!

I use a UL410, and used to own a UL310, and they definitely deserve all the hype!

[quote name='jjl5590' post='175957' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:22 PM']sorry guys but I've made up my mind. I'm going with the GK 700RB-II amp, GK Neo 410 cab and GK Neo 212 cab. haven't tried it yet but i know i will like it lol. im gonna buy the 212 first, and then save up for the 410[/quote]

Well done for being decisive ..
No use faffing about for ages and you can only tell if it works for you by gigging it anyway ...