Why become a member? ×

Celebrity Gear - once used by the famous

Born 2B Mild

I am so nerdy I have a thrash/heavy metal bass pick collection (all acquired on eBay) including picks from Lemmy, Jason Newsted (Metallica), Tom Araya (Slayer), Dave Ellefson (Megadeth) and Paul Gray (Slipknot).

Even if I'm rubbish at bass, with one of these in my hand I feel like a true rock god

Well, sort of

Edited by Clarky

I own a '70s Fender Bassman 100 head and huge 4x12 "pyramid" cab, stencilled with "DR FEELGOOD". I bought it of a mate, who bought it of someone we both know, and he bought it of the road manager of Dr. Feelgood..... so it would seem genuine ! Exact same model (exact same amp ?) is used by them on their Old grey whistle test performance on the DVD boxed set.

- 'el gnomo'

My Fender Tele bass i bought around 1980 was from the bass player from the SAlford Jets, if you're over 40 and live in Manchester you may remeber them or their loud mouthed singer, Mr Sweeny
I bought an EBS head off Frankie Felix who gets around a bit and my Sei 5 string was made for Payl Turner

I played John Entwistles C bass after it was bought at auction!

Tony