Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Donations

Hi guys

If anyone is reading this thread asking 'do I need to donate' - the answer is NO! This thread was created in 2007 when we raised most of our funds through donations. Now we have a subscriptions page in place so please check that out instead. Obviously if you're very kind and would still like to donate then please feel free - you can do so [url="http://basschat.co.uk/cp/9-support-basschat/"]here[/url] - we also accept Greggs sausage rolls, PM for postal address and please ensure the contents arrive warm.

Many thanks to you all who have donated, past and present.

ped (I've edited Ben's original post)

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='17921' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:54 PM']Basschat Donations!

Thank you all very much for the kind donations thus far. We have been able to make upgrades to the latest software and have a safe and fast system for everyone. We also have got a skin and logo in the process of being added to the site. If you would lik eto donate towards Basschat please use the button below. We appreciate your support and thank you for helping us maintain the site.

Details of what we are doing with the donations can be found in the news section. Every penny you spend on us will be transferred back to you with some great new features and promotions.

Cheers everyone
Basschat team[/quote]

Hey you phatmonkey - the donation button don't work. I get a "We were unable to decrypt the certificate id." error from paypal.

Thanks
Hamster Edited by Hamster

Hmm I am trying to work out what we did before.. thanks for the heads up.

Argh. Well god knows. For the moment, you can paypal donations to my email address

Cheers
ped

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='33927' date='Jul 19 2007, 12:12 AM']Donation button is working again![/quote]

Donation sent :)

Hamster

Hi Hamster,

I just sent you an E-mail. Thanks very much for the donation, it is really appreciated.

Cheers
ped

How much does BC cost to run p/m, How much do you get in donations on average p/m? What happens to surplus monies or are there none?

Sorry if that's a rude question, but I would donate if needs be, but not if not - i'm quite broke, but I love BC.

Hi Tom,

Per month I think it was about £35 and we are changing to a new server or our own server or something (no idea really) soon which will cost a bit to set up. The last batch of surplus went into paying for the Bash and as a result a fair bit went to charity (indirectly I guess) and the current thing is to get enough together to buy some merch to pimp at various bashes and hopefully online.

Cheers
ped

Hi Tom, cheers for that - I have sent you an email to say thanks.

ped

In view of the recent spamming will there be any cash outlay needed to strengthen/update the forum software against spammers / spambots?

If we need to pass a hat around, then I'll chip in.

Hamster

Should be working fine - I received two extremely kind donations today and have sent notes of thanks. Really appreciated especially at this time of year and what with Woolies closing down etc...

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='351956' date='Dec 11 2008, 05:17 PM']Should be working fine - I received two extremely kind donations today and have sent notes of thanks. Really appreciated especially at this time of year and what with Woolies closing down etc...

Cheers
ped[/quote]

When I enter the amount of the donation on the Paypal page and enter the login details/password I get an error message saying I need to enter an amount (which I've already done). Did this four or five time and gave up?

Very strange - I know Paypal can be a pain at the best of times... Can anyone suggest what is wrong (I have no idea!)

Cheers
ped

P.s you can just buy me and Kiwi a cake if you prefer ;0)

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='17921' date='Jun 14 2007, 09:54 PM']Basschat Donations!

<iframe src="http://basschat.co.uk/donatebutton.html" width="150" height="30" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Thank you all very much for the kind donations thus far. We have been able to make upgrades to the latest software and have a safe and fast system for everyone. We also have got a skin and logo in the process of being added to the site. If you would lik eto donate towards Basschat please use the button below. We appreciate your support and thank you for helping us maintain the site.

Details of what we are doing with the donations can be found in the news section. Every penny you spend on us will be transferred back to you with some great new features and promotions.

Cheers everyone
Basschat team[/quote]

Tried to make a donation (another member suggested this instead of sending him an overpayment for postage, what a good thought), but I can't enter an amount. Sorry to say I only try ANY online payment a couple of times and then give up.

I think the donation button is a good idea!
matt

D'oh, just seen it. Edited by Absolute-beginner

Thanks to you guys I managed to sell my Jaydee without the abey rip off.
Thought a donation was in order ( don't drink it all at once!) :)
Cheers
Andy