Why become a member? ×

Just arrived.

slumjacket

Good evening everyone, I'm new to Basschat adn just thought I'd give a bit of an introduction.

I'm the wrong side of thirty and have been playing for ovber 20 years although I took a long break from playing in the 90's.

My main gig is in a Southern Rock covers band doing lots of Allman Brothers, Skynyrd etc and playing mostly local pubs. I do a little bit of depping on the side but not as much as I'd like.

I play a precision plus, which for those of you who like gear is an old 80's Fender, P/J pick ups and 22 frets like the Deluxe models. It has an extended horn originally for balance, the Americans call it the Boner bass. It's quite rare, however mine has had a replacement neck so probably not worth anything now. I also have a Jaguar that I don't play that often.

Last year I invested in the Orange terror bass 500 and one of their smart cabs. I'm well pleased with both and it all fits in a small car which is a bonus.

My newest bit of kit is my Boss LMB-3 which is a little limiter compressor type pedal, still not sure if it's me but i wanted an entry level compressor to play around with, I'll be gigging with it soon so will make a decision after that.

Anyway looking forward to joining in with some of the topics

Hey Slumjacket. Welcome to basschat.
There are plenty of places to show off your gear (You must start a thread showing off your gear entitled "Check Out My Boner" :lol: ) and advertise your gigs. I like a bit of Southern Rock - where are you based?

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1331678706' post='1577214']
Be sure to let us know when the GAS strikes -
[/quote]
I thought by joining a Bass forum I might stop trawling Ebay for the bargain of a lifetime perfect Bass, but only having a quick peak at the gear section of the forum I realise now it may just make my searching more intense....