Why become a member? ×

Kyle Eastwood's bass

fretmeister

Don't know if we have many fans of Kyle, son of Clint on here, but I love his stuff!

Anyway this bass:

Apparently it's a Gibson custom shop job. No doubt hugely expensive... but, is a short / medium scale? It just doesn't look right to me!! What I mean is - I really like 32 scale basses and there aren't enough of them in the world.

Anyone got any more info on the instrument?

ta

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
On 09/03/2012 at 19:55, fretmeister said:

Don't know if we have many fans of Kyle, son of Clint on here, but I love his stuff!

Anyway this bass:

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/31/24/8/@/213737-kyle-eastwood-en-concert-a-la-maison-637x0-3.jpg

Apparently it's a Gibson custom shop job. No doubt hugely expensive... but, is a short / medium scale? It just doesn't look right to me!! What I mean is - I really like 32 scale basses and there aren't enough of them in the world.

ta

If he’s as tall as his dad it could easily be 34”.😉

On 09/03/2012 at 19:55, fretmeister said:

Anyway this bass:

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/31/24/8/@/213737-kyle-eastwood-en-concert-a-la-maison-637x0-3.jpg

ta

Strange he uses a lined Fretless despite being an upright player too?

7 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Some people just prefer lined fretless……. Bunny Brunel, Gary Willis, Kyle Eastwood, HazBeen …..

okay the last one is a joke 🤪

It would confuse me but then I’m easily confused

He’s a great bass player as is his band

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

As was the Carvin version.

I didn’t realise this until stumbling across this thread - I thought the Carvin was just a reworked LB75.

Brian Bomberg has done the same thing but with Peavey/Dean and now Keisel.

C39041AD-A1D5-4020-91F8-AA45E84A1349.jpeg

C7BCDAC4-321A-4AA9-92FD-DB47CE2F2087.jpeg

I saw Kyle a couple of years ago and the Green Gibson Bunny Brunel was not used. He had a very similar looking Red 5 string, so after the show when he was signing CDs I asked him. He told me it was time to pension off the Gibson and the new one had been custom made in London, but wouldn’t name the maker. However elsewhere on an album he credits the Bass Gallery so putting 2 & 2 together I think Martin Peterson May have made it for him. The black lined fretless he uses is also a Gibson. In some photos there’s tape over the logo but on others you can read it.

• Like 2