Why become a member? ×

SOLD!

TomTom

Hi guys, up for sale is my beloved USA Jazz 5. I bought this last year from a fellow Basschatter Woodyratm, i believe its been in the basschat family for a long time. The serial number is DZ2036170, so im led to believe it was made in 2002? Correct me if im wrong.

Its in very good condition with only a couple of very light marks that are pretty much invisible unless you hold it to your eye.

Im selling purely because i cant afford to have so much money invested in a Bass right now. As such, i would only be interested in trades for a Squier VM Jazz/Precision 4 string, up to a value of no more than £150-£160.

This is the blurb that woody used when i bought it:

Features the more favored 4/1 headstock, Montego Black/Gold Scratchplate combination with a lovely Maple neck. 34" Scale

This bass has had the some what anemic original active electronics taken out and replaced with a John East J-retro Deluxe which gives you ultimate control over your bass. Features Active/passive switch, Bass, Treble, Extra bright push pull switch, Mid volume and Mid contour control, as well as a passive tone control! Maximum knobbage!

[url="http://east-uk.com/jretrodeluxe01.pdf"]http://east-uk.com/jretrodeluxe01.pdf[/url]

Complementing the pre-amp is a set of Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders, lovely hot pickups with loads of grind that can be toned down to a nice full funk sound. All electronics have been FULLY shielded with copper tape. There is little to no background noise when the bass is plugged in.

The bass has a lovely Low action which is happy to be adjusted. The Truss rod is working well 100%.

There are playing marks on the body which are quite hard to show up under lights. You would have to look at it in the right light to see!"

The condition of the bass remains the same, its been well looked after and comes supplied with the Hardcase pictured, the original owners manual, cleaning cloth and truss rod adjuster.

Its a fantastic bass to play, and the Pre-amp and Pickup combo makes it sing beautifully. If anyone wants some more up to date pictures ill be happy to send some, although theyll be taken on my iphone.

Ill be sad to see it go, looking to recoup what i paid which was £900.

Thanks for reading, Tom.

Edited by TomTom

Guest subaudio

All these sweet black jazzes coming out and here's me with no cash.... really nice bass mate, have a free bump

Well I never heard the original setup, so couldn't possibly comment, but the SD pups and J-retro make it a BEAST.

The fact it's still in the condition it's in after 10 years is astonishing. You don't want it back do you? Lol

[quote name='TomTom' timestamp='1331282846' post='1570626']
Well I never heard the original setup, so couldn't possibly comment, but the SD pups and J-retro make it a BEAST.

The fact it's still in the condition it's in after 10 years is astonishing. You don't want it back do you? Lol
I'd love it back, seeing photos of it is like seeing photos of an ex girlfriend with another bloke, and she's had some work done! Unfortunately funds won't permit. Good luck with the sale, really is a great bass.
[/quote]

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1331225238' post='1569835']
Used to be my baby! Bought it new it '03, I think. Lovely bass. Have to say I never found the original pickups to be lacking, or the original preamp "anemic"! Always sounded great to my ears. Plays and balances beautifully, even smells nice! Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

I had a US Precision De-Luxe and quite honestly I found the electronics lacking for such a big name company.
I had a 1965 Fender Jazz from new and when I fitted a J-Retro kit it really kicked ass.

Edited by Jazz Bass 65