Why become a member? ×

Eden WTDI

originalfunkbrother

• 2 years later...

How is the bypass? I've read somewhere that gain and master controls still work in bypass mode.

Have you compared it to a big Eden head? Some people claim it pretty much nails the tone, some say that it sounds really poor.
I've played WT-500 and I'm in love. I'd like to have a part of Eden sound in my rig

• 5 years later...

I just got hold of one of these (£94 new) and used it for the first time at a gig on Sunday. I didn't have time to look at it properly and, when I switched it on, it sounded 'kin terrible so I ditched it for the night.

Last night I got the pedal out at home and tried it as a DI into my audio interface. After a little time spent tweaking it, it sounded 'kin fantastic. The knobs are really sensitive so you don't have to move them very far to make a difference but, after a few minutes of adjusting things, my Wal sounded really rich and even and lost that overly transparent sound you often get when you plug into a audio interface. Think valves instead of transistors :) Happy bunny.

• Like 2

Yep, as I've mentioned on other threads, I use one every week to DI into the PA so I don't have to lug or risk inebriated idiots punters resting / spilling drinks on top of my amp.

As Bilbo says, it's sensitive & takes a little fine-tuning, but sounds ace once you've tweaked it to suit.

Also works very well with the Eden Glowplug pedal, which has a 12AX7 valve to 'warm up' the tone. ( @lozkerr has one of these too).

Recommended :)

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 2