Why become a member? ×

What size grub screws are used in bass bridges?

mikegrovesmusic

Hi,

Can anybody help me please. I decided that my action needed some tweaking today, however my bass is rather old so through wear the bit where you put the allen key in to adjust has worn :/

I want to replace all 12 grub screws (on my sixer) and have looked on ebay for a pack. The problem is there are different sizes. Can anybody help me with this? I'm pretty sure its a universal thing on all guitar bridges as the same alan key fits allen.

If you could post a link up to some or just give me the name it would be a massive help :)

Thanks in advance,
Mike..

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1330503056' post='1558323']
Hi.
What bass is it and what size key fits?
How long are the grub screws?

Might be able to help. :)
[/quote]

i dont know the size of the key, its the smallest one i have though. it fits standard fender ones and badass bridges though if that helps?

its for a yamaha trb6p 1992 model. i'll post a picture up at some point soon, a bit busy at the min though

thanks for your help though guys!

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1324574720' post='1475852']
Just want to let you guys know about a company that supplies grub screws. www.Modelfixings.com in Nottingham

My issue was I found that one saddle on my Schack bridge had a damaged thread and the saddle would not sit at the height I wanted. This was due to the stock grub screw being too short and when fully adjusted was only held by the last couple of threads. These I believe got damaged by the bass falling over in its case face down. So the highest saddle gets the full wack.

Anyway I have found these 8mm stainless steel M3 screws and now all my saddles are adjusted and the grub screws occupy the full thread.

cost just £5 pounds for fifteen and an M3 key

This picture is before replacement

[attachment=95726:Schackbridge.JPG]
[/quote]