Why become a member? ×

FS: Sei Singlecut

Scooby

First up, I have to say that I am a huge fan of Martin's basses. However, I am not quite getting on with the Singlecut - also known as 'The Melt'! It's a 33" scale, PJ pup configuration, 40mm top nut, red led's along the top edge of the fingerboard. It has custom wound Bare Knuckle P & J. The neck is flamed maple / purpleheart with a birdseye fingerboard. The body is alder with a flamed maple / cocobolo top. The circuit is Demeter 3 band. It's very light - just on the 8lb mark I think. Beautiful to look at and very easy to play. Great tonal range and has just had a complete set-up. This bass was originally built for Alex at the Gallery. I was asking £1400 but, just to move it quickly, I'm asking[b] £1250. [/b]No offers, one price. Comes with a[b] brand new Fusion gig bag. [/b]

Edited by Scooby

I'll add that the pickups aren't the EMGs in the photos; Alex replaced them with custom wound Bare Knuckle P & J which he preferred prior to my obtaining it. The neck is flamed maple / purpleheart with a birdseye fingerboard. The body is alder with a flamed maple / cocobolo top. The circuit is Demeter 3 band.

I loved it; one of my favourite basses that I've ever played / owned. I also found it very comfortable indeed. FWIW there are clips on Youtube; I believe the clips are through a cheap Crate combo which gives you some idea of how good the bass sounds.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsdZrYy6gcQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcsxF8T9150&feature=relmfu[/media]

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out and best of luck with the sale Pete.

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1330540546' post='1559148']
Thanks for the extra info, Shaun - much appreciated.
[/quote]

No probs Pete! All the best.....that new pic is one of mine by the way. :lol:

Wish I had the dosh...

Edited by 4000

[quote name='n-h-m' timestamp='1330810562' post='1563414']
You gotta love Sei's - and this one looks like a cracker...
[/quote]

Sounds every bit as good as it looks ;)
The more I play this the more I think I should keep it! Might give it a couple of days, if nobody shows any interest I'll withdraw it (and for those who are waiting for a price reduction...forget it).