Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM Combo

lateralus462

Hi All,

I recently (like 2 weeks ago) bought a "brand new" ABM500 MKII 210 combo from my local large music store - Turns out that it was actually made in 2005 which means it was made in England, rather than China.

I don't really know how I feel about this. On one hand I'm kinda pissed off that the amp that I bought as "new" has actually been sat around in the shop for over 3 years, but on the other I'm glad that it's English made.

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks

Chris

[quote name='lateralus462' post='172519' date='Apr 8 2008, 07:16 PM']Hi All,

I recently (like 2 weeks ago) bought a "brand new" ABM500 MKII 210 combo from my local large music store - Turns out that it was actually made in 2005 which means it was made in England, rather than China.

I don't really know how I feel about this. On one hand I'm kinda pissed off that the amp that I bought as "new" has actually been sat around in the shop for over 3 years, but on the other I'm glad that it's English made.

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks

Chris[/quote]
rather have english one than a made in prc one.you will still have ashdowns warranty which by all accounts is superb.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='174743' date='Apr 11 2008, 05:44 PM']rather have english one than a made in prc one.you will still have ashdowns warranty which by all accounts is superb.[/quote]

+1 to that.

However...

If it's been the shop demo I'd be pissed off.

If it's been in its box in the shop I'd be delighted.

You did good to get a UK made one, most importantly!

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='174749' date='Apr 11 2008, 05:52 PM']+1 to that.

However...

If it's been the shop demo I'd be pissed off.

If it's been in its box in the shop I'd be delighted.

You did good to get a UK made one, most importantly![/quote]

I reckon you're right - and I've decided I love the sound. It Rocks :)