Why become a member? ×

Music Ground - Court verdict

casapete

[url="http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/music%20men%20admit%20handling%20stolen%20vintage%20guitars%201%204285617"]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/music men admit handling stolen vintage guitars 1 4285617[/url]

News from last Saturday's Yorkshire Evening Post ( hope the link works ).

Edit - link does n't work, but go to YEP site and search for 'Music Ground' - two reports there,
makes for interesting reading.

Edited by casapete

And this one: [url="http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/music_men_admit_handling_stolen_vintage_guitars_1_4285617"]http://www.yorkshire...itars_1_4285617[/url]

Edit: Not just vintage, but antique Fenders now.

Edit2: "Sea Form" ha.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

So some Serbian gangsters walk into the shop. They take the gear, hide some of it with a mate and disguise the rest by swapping necks and bodies around. One gets 12 months suspended and the other 6 months suspended.

Am I alone in thinking this a rather soft punishment? No matter. I shall henceforth prefix any reference to Messrs Harrison and Harrison with the phrase 'the convicted criminals'.

Good job they never did anything like - I dunno - passing amplifiers off as 'vintage' Hiwatts when they - er - weren't.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1330366866' post='1556339']
Good job they never did anything like - I dunno - passing amplifiers off as 'vintage' Hiwatts when they - er - weren't.[/quote]

According to Plexi palace there were far more Marshall forgeries than Hiwatts; at least with Hiwatt it was more obvious once you knew to look for the wandering parentheses on the spec plate; as in [size=5][sup]([/sup] [sub] Hiwatt [/sub] [sup])[/sup][/size]

Couldn't have happened to a nicer pair, likewise the sentence should have been more; might even be worth a trip to Leeds to throw litter under Jason's road-sweepers' brush.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1330375517' post='1556521']
According to Plexi palace there were far more Marshall forgeries than Hiwatts; at least with Hiwatt it was more obvious once you knew to look for the wandering parentheses on the spec plate; as in [size=5][sup]([/sup] [sub] Hiwatt [/sub] [sup])[/sup][/size]
[/quote]

You could spot the Marshalls by the way every components was date code up.

I'm very saddened to hear this as Rick Harrison sold me my first Rickenbacker (the black one in my avatar) from the Music Ground store in Dunscroft near Doncaster some 32 years ago.

I've been in both the Leeds and Denmark Street shops many times although I found Justin Harrison to be an arrogant ****!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1330422469' post='1557025']
What's the bets that your Ricky was stolen 33 years ago? :P
[/quote]

Ha, ha.

It was brand new at the time and they had to replace it under warranty because of a cross-threaded truss rod nut. Although they had a lot of classic gear at that time, it didn't have the value and kudos that it has now. They got greedy.

Interestingly, I still get e-mails from them with some beautiful guitars so they are obviously still trading, for how long I wonder?