Why become a member? ×

Sandberg love!

pietruszka

[quote name='tricky' timestamp='1479769000' post='3179213']
[attachment=232497:TM4 Front.jpg]

Not had this long - it's my first sandberg but won't be my last.

[attachment=232498:13962870_1197371340314035_8120322261634799421_o.jpg]
[/quote]

Very nice mate, and quite unusual! I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering another one at the moment......

• 8 months later...

The VM4 is the most recent addition, a bit of an impulse buy when I saw it with the non-reversed split coil pickup. Quite hard to chose between that one and the TT (passive). The VS isn't getting much of a look in at the moment though as the P pickup on the VM has it all covered. Sometimes, however, only a P bass will do :)

Edited by ead

Haha! Hadn't clocked the non reverse p before, but know you say it I realise I know you from the Sandberg players group on fb too! It's a great pickup combination, I used to have an old Cali vm and tonally it was possibly the best I've had.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The TM basses have a coil split switch for the humbucker dude, so you can get that thinner, traditional jazz bass sound if you want. Fwiw, I think it sounds much better with the humbucker at the bridge.

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1508773750' post='3394312']
The TM basses have a coil split switch for the humbucker dude, so you can get that thinner, traditional jazz bass sound if you want. Fwiw, I think it sounds much better with the humbucker at the bridge.
[/quote] That's good to know, thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/12/2017 at 22:01, Quilly said:

Simply Sandberg P4 (before California VS4 designation) 2010. Nicely worn in 

IMAG0488.jpg

That’s lovely 😍.

I recently parted company with my PM4 as I couldn’t get on with the pickup configuration/positioning. Loved the shape, quality etc though.

Now if something more traditional like this came up for sale, I’d be all over it.  I don’t care for the VS shape, but this is gorgeous.

27 minutes ago, Deedee said:

That’s lovely 😍.

I recently parted company with my PM4 as I couldn’t get on with the pickup configuration/positioning. Loved the shape, quality etc though.

Now if something more traditional like this came up for sale, I’d be all over it.  I don’t care for the VS shape, but this is gorgeous.

There’s one for sale in bass direct.co.uk it’s the new model but just a p bass again (no mm humbucker)

19 minutes ago, Quilly said:

There’s one for sale in bass direct.co.uk it’s the new model but just a p bass again (no mm humbucker)

No, it’s the P4 model that I’m after.  Not keen on the new one.

25 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Not to mention that given my last experience of buying from Bass Direct, I’d sooner pull my fingernails out and sprinkle the open wounds with vinegar!

26 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Not to mention that given my last experience of buying from Bass Direct, I’d sooner pull my fingernails out and sprinkle the open wounds with vinegar!

I thought I was the only one that had bad experiences with them... they kinda ripped me off 

10 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I thought I was the only one that had bad experiences with them... they kinda ripped me off 

Yeah, they tried the same with me.  Was sorted in the end but how they went about it was absolutely shocking.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...