My current armoury:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100360]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100367]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100361]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100362]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100363]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:100145]

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1330105146' post='1552922']
Ooh green and maple, yum! Unusual to see a natural headstock on a 'Berg.
[/quote] ... Yes, i was very specific in what i ordered. originally I went for no scratchplate at all but soon found that my thumb was cutting a groove in the body!... so added the see-thru one.

This thread is making me re-live why I 1st got interested in investigating Sandberg... Love that basic shape, It really works for me... The fact that they are great basses too sealed the deal!

[quote name='bottomfeed' timestamp='1330094668' post='1552656']
What a beautiful looking collection, TRBboy.... I see you have a greenburst/clearplate in your armoury!...[i] tres cool![/i]

I could use taking some better pics soon... found this for now, my basic5...

[/quote]

:gas: gorgeous! I've often wished that my greenburst had a maple board! Looks lovely!

It's nice to see a few other people rockin the Basics! I had a California PM for a while, but it just didn't have the same feel as the Basic for me. They are truly superb basses.

Here's a link to the other thread if you're interested:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168556-sandberg-love/

• 2 weeks later...

My Sandberg.. I've owned around 120 basses (from Wal to Fodera, from Alembic to Ken Smith) but this one rules them all.. bought it for 800 euros second hand and it growls and punches..Amazing bass, I could eat it..[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/wombatboter/407366_3334254035603_1246122224_3386658_2048716665_n.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1331925643' post='1581102']
My Sandberg.. I've owned around 120 basses (from Wal to Fodera, from Alembic to Ken Smith) but this one rules them all.. bought it for 800 euros second hand and it growls and punches..Amazing bass, I could eat it..
[/quote]

Love it!

Hi Guys. I have an apportunity to buy a Sandberg Pm 4 and was wondering about the weight of them. Are they back breakers? Also what is the difference between the jm, pm ,vm and tm? Are the pm's discontinued?

I have a USA fender jazz special and was looking to get a p-bass too, but I've read a lot of good things about the Sandberg Basses and from what I've heard on Youtube they sound awsome.

[quote name='JayPH' timestamp='1333120530' post='1597778']
Hi Guys. I have an apportunity to buy a Sandberg Pm 4 and was wondering about the weight of them. Are they back breakers? Also what is the difference between the jm, pm ,vm and tm? Are the pm's discontinued?

I have a USA fender jazz special and was looking to get a p-bass too, but I've read a lot of good things about the Sandberg Basses and from what I've heard on Youtube they sound awsome.
[/quote]No they are not heavy at all and because of the 2+2 headstock are superbly balanced. The PM & JM were just renamed VM & TM (probably something to do Fender getting stroppy over the use of P and J to describe the p/ups).

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1333122673' post='1597824']
I had a USA 75Ri jazz, i havent got that anymore. I have still got my Sandberg JM4. I love them and would advise anyone to at least try the Bergs out. Its a beast, punches through the mix better than anything ive previously had.
[/quote]

Thanks man. Those JM4's are very nice. Wish I could get one of each :)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1333129500' post='1597926']
No they are not heavy at all and because of the 2+2 headstock are superbly balanced. The PM & JM were just renamed VM & TM (probably something to do Fender getting stroppy over the use of P and J to describe the p/ups).
[/quote]

Thanks ezbass. I see, I'm easily confused and keep having to remember which is which. Nice to know about the balance. I'm very close to buying this although I'm strectching my budget by a fair bit :)