Why become a member? ×

off to New York next week...Music stores?

MartyBRebelMC

2 hours ago, The59Sound said:

Couldn't get on with NYC and I really wanted to love it. Times Square felt like a nightmare, same with Broadway and the stock exchange.

Went to the Bronx... a guy was stabbed that day. Went to Harlem and did not feel safe at all. Brooklyn brewery was the highlight for me. 

I'm in NYC now. Went to the location of "Do The Right Thing" this morning. Amazing even if it is just a street in Brooklyn. Then off to look for all the places my ancestors lived. So lots of personal interest. Tbh it's really just a grimier version of London. Though I did have an amazing Pastrami sandwich earlier from Zabars. Maybe you don't like big cities? 

On 23/02/2012 at 12:21, MartyBRebelMC said:

Yep had a look on google at Rudy's after BigRedX mentioned them and i'm sure I will be passing that way at some point (and they stock Tech21 and Aguillar) so i'll have a browse of the shiny things.

Great response chaps - knew the Basschatters would help me out!

I was in Rudy's in October. Lots of very expensive vintage stuff. Including this Precision, which was in suspiciously good nick for a 56 year old bass. I think it was going for about $7,000.

http://rudysmusic.com/used/vintage-1964-fender-precision-bass

13 hours ago, roblpm said:

I'm in NYC now. Went to the location of "Do The Right Thing" this morning. Amazing even if it is just a street in Brooklyn. Then off to look for all the places my ancestors lived. So lots of personal interest. Tbh it's really just a grimier version of London. Though I did have an amazing Pastrami sandwich earlier from Zabars. Maybe you don't like big cities? 

I liked Chicago a lot so it isn't that.