Why become a member? ×

FS fanned fret short scale five string or TRADE a five string low B

Geek99

For sale or TRADE for a decent five string

My prose bass custom five string with fanned frets.
It has a mahogany body with a nicely flamed maple neck, the neck has no front markers but has subtle side markers. It took five minutes to get used to the fanned frets.
The humbucker has a coil tap and sounds either fat and smooth or clear and smooth depending.
It has individual saddles with through body stringing. It's got 24 frets and is strung e thru c.

It's very light and easy to play and comfortable to play when seated. Might suit a lady player too ?

I'd like around £265for this

If youd like to try it, or collect in person that isn't a problem. I live off j28 of the M1. I'd prefer collection due to recent bad experiences

Edited by Geek99

Thanks jim

Perhaps you could comment on its sound for notts Warwick ? I don't have the experience :)

To me it sounds a bit like a fat precision on both coils and like a jazz on coil tap but don't quote me on that

Edited by Geek99

Thanks Paul those pictures are much better than mine :)
It's a lovely instrument but conversion to low b didn't go as well as I wanted, so sadly have to pass it on :( I really wanted a low b rather than high C
Didn't take long to get used to fanned frets

No problem. The scale length is a little short for a low 'B' . I have tried it myself with huge gauge strings but on this short a scale they don't feel right.
As well as being used as a 'normal' E-C five string it would make a great Piccolo bass for someone to experiment with.

Paul