Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a Muse album

Fitzy73

I started with Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution. I'll give you a tune from each to get you started.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjxskTrSz0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8&ob=av2n[/youtube]

Have fun, this band have some cracking bass lines in their repertoire :)

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1329941018' post='1550179']
Let me have your address & I'll send you an as-new copy of their "Black Holes & Revelations" CD if you want it.

I bought it because everyone was saying how great they were & I think it's f***ing terrible.
[/quote]

That's one of their weakest albums, too. For somebody listening to Muse for the first time, I'd recommend "Absolution." a far superior album to "Black Holes."

[quote name='Seb_C' timestamp='1329943397' post='1550228']
Showbiz. All downhill from there!
[/quote]
+1 Saw them at rock city backin Skunk anansie.Amazing.Seen em 2 or 3 times since,still didnt capture that raw edge of the first gig. Mind you,can say that bout a lotta bands,remember seein Pantera backin Megadeath.Blew MD away. Thats live music for ya!

Being the slightly obsessive Muse fan that I am, I actually prefer Hullabaloo over the rest of the standard studio albums if you want a complete album experience. 1CD of live performance and 1 CD of some great B sides - if you're a metal head you might appreciate "Yes Please", which is just a brilliant song in my humble opinion

[quote name='Austin7' timestamp='1329950818' post='1550428']
That's one of their weakest albums, too. For somebody listening to Muse for the first time, I'd recommend "Absolution." a far superior album to "Black Holes."
[/quote]

I've heard "Absolution" & "OOS" as well & I think they're bloody awful as well to be honest.
I only bought "Black Holes..." because it was £2.00 in the Virgin closing down sale.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1329954616' post='1550528']
I've heard "Absolution" & "OOS" as well & I think they're bloody awful as well to be honest.
I only bought "Black Holes..." because it was £2.00 in the Virgin closing down sale.
[/quote]

Then I gather your taste in music might be quite different than mine. I also like Hendrix and Cream very much. Possibly, you don't. I bought the "Absolution" album in December 2004 and have been a fan ever since. I shared it with the guitarist I was playing with at that time, and to my surprise, she didn't much like it. So, I realized from the very first that not everyone would be as struck by Muse as I was.

[quote name='Austin7' timestamp='1329956318' post='1550562']
Then I gather your taste in music might be quite different than mine.
[/quote]

The main problem I had with them is I just couldn't get on with Matt Bellamys voice.
The vocals are always the deal maker or breaker with me, no matter how good the playing or writing is.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1329956753' post='1550566']
The main problem I had with them is I just couldn't get on with Matt Bellamys voice.
The vocals are always the deal maker or breaker with me, no matter how good the playing or writing is.
[/quote]

I have heard several people say that. I get what you mean, but it doesn't bother me very much at all. I feel that it actually fits into the music which is being played. In the case of my guitarist friend, though, she didn't much like anything about Muse. This was a surprise to me because we have almost the same taste in music. I value her opinion greatly, but it's clear that she'll never like Muse.