Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for New Model Army

GRAHAM SG1

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1333995709' post='1609401']
Well, it seems Daz is very negative about the whole thing, but where you went wrong was ironing it
[/quote]

Bugger so close but so far. If only I had skipped the ironing but my mum would not let me out the house if I had not ironed it, pulled my socks up and combed my hair with a side parting :lol:

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1333995141' post='1609389']
It's disappointing that you put up a post like this, Daz. If you took the time to read through the whole thread you will see that a good many BC'ers took up the challenge for this gig, investing their talent, time and money. But, I guess you are trying to be funny.

If you looked at NMA's web-site you will see that they auditioned 20 people from 80 applicants, and (I believe) 5 of those applicants were from the BC family. That's a 25% representation, and one which I think we should all be very proud.

I had a quick look at your profile, and all of your own influences pre-date NMA by a long chalk...

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]My bass influences are [/size][/font][/color][b]JJ burnell [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](Stranglers), [/size][/font][/color][b]Youth[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] (Killing Joke), [/size][/font][/color][b]Steve Garvey [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]and[/size][/font][/color][b] Steve Diggle[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](Buzzcocks), [/size][/font][/color][b]Charlie Casey[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](Menace) [/size][/font][/color][b]Geezer Butler[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](Black Sabbath) [/size][/font][/color][b]Peter Hook [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](Joy Division) and last but certainly not least a huge influence has been, and still is, the great [/size][/font][/color][b]Jah Wobble[/b]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So, if the Stranglers or the PIL came knocking, would you shoo them away for a crack at 'Bring me the Horizon', what with you being so young and vital in your mid 40's?[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm not so sure whether Justin Sullivan was around in 1926, by my reckoning he is 55 years old, although when I shook his hand and knocked out a few tunes with him a couple of weeks ago, he had an energy and immediateness that would give many 20 year old's a run for their money, in spite of 3 decades in the business, with god knows how many album sales, a loyal fan-base and never losing artistic integrity.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You never know Daz, with a band like New Model Army, maybe ther best is yet to come. After all there is some old codger called Bruce Springsteen who's latest album is tipped to do very well in the hit parade, so perhaps there is hope for us all.[/font]
[/quote]

I would shoo them all away.

They would turn to me: [i]but Gus, why? Why drive us away, when we have come to recognise your greatness.[/i]

And I would say to them, this gathered multitude, young and old:

[i]"f*** off, I am waiting for Kyuss, and you ***** are running my phone line ragged. Now take your free evening minutes and fit them up your pop-rock arses"[/i].

In Daz's defence, NMA are an acquired taste. But I loved your excitement for them; and I would ask that you love my excitement when Kyuss ring me to say Reeder is being a bellend, and they need a Scouser to hot wire their van :)

Now, this is a bit more fun.
There was me, mendin me clog to the tune of "Over the Wire" an wun o me whippets got at the pigeons and being on me own like as the good lady wife was off gravy wrestling I ad to cope on me own.
I thought Daz post was funny, and I`m sure Sullivan will find it funny too.

Good grief do I have to put f***ing similes all over a page to make people see I'm joking. You bunch of poker arses.

For what its worth I probably saw NMA more times than the vast majority of people on this forum. (first saw them at the 1983 Futurama so I suppose its more a comment on my age than theirs)

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1333999911' post='1609488']
Good grief do I have to put f***ing similes all over a page to make people see I'm joking.
[/quote]

I dunno... I always get confused about the difference between similes and metaphors.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1334010521' post='1609763']
I dunno... I always get confused about the difference between similes and metaphors.
[/quote]

I remember that coming up on the spell checker as I hit a wrong key. Thought i'd clicked on 'smilies'

Damn I think im gonna have to get that pair of glasses.

There I told you I was getting old.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1333997901' post='160944']
.....and I would ask that you love my excitement when Kyuss ring me to say Reeder is being a bellend, and they need a Scouser to hot wire their van :)
[/quote]

This made me chuckle. I've never thought of adding that to my bass playing resume, I'd get tons more gigs if I advertised my scouser skills!