Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for New Model Army

GRAHAM SG1

[quote name='thunderbird13' timestamp='1333361014' post='1600425']
Hold on , Billyapple, Discreet, Bluray and Linus27 all managed to get an audition with NMA - I am seriously impressed well done guys and Linus fingers crossed :)
[/quote]

Don't forget Subaudio although not sure if he got an audition or not.

I also had a go, but didnt get as far as an audition. I thought from day one it was out of my league, but the info service kept coming back to me saying was i still interested. And that they werent looking for a carbon copy of Nelson, it kind of inspired me to have a go. It was a real long shot, and even if they howled at my attemp's of playing the track's. I still really appreciate the info service/nma giving me the time of day and being so polite :D

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1333361387' post='1600435']
Don't forget Subaudio although not sure if he got an audition or not.
[/quote]

Yes , sorry about that thats what happens when I speed read threads on a work computer :lol:

In fact total respect to anyone who had the bottle to try, I only wish I have the ability and courage to do the same :)

[quote name='thunderbird13' timestamp='1333361014' post='1600425']
Hold on , Billyapple, Discreet, Bluray and Linus27 all managed to get an audition with NMA - I am seriously impressed well done guys and Linus fingers crossed :)
[/quote]
I didnt get an audition. Sorry for the confusion. I sent in some tracks quite early on - before the stated requirement to do videos etc. But my style wasn't for them (that was a very polite response!). I'd like to think that I had marks deducted for a previous band connection, because thats better than thinking I was too sh*t :lol: . It would be fantastic if the job went to someone here. There's some (audition?) bass covers on You Tube - don't know if thats any of you lot?

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1333369212' post='1600605']
I just sent the pics. Thong and a smile, nothing says "I'm interested" better :yarr:
[/quote]
Thats where I went wrong. No thong - just wearing the a smile. Actually it was more of a leer.

hi all, i did the live audition with them aswell , didnt play my best to be fair, as the sound in there was booming as i had an active bass, my trusty musicman sterling, justin said he hates active basses, as they dont suit their setup, oh sheeet, but i do have a passive at home, all be it a bit late then ;-) but my vocals were ok, which is what they seem very keen on the players being able to do , i played 4 songs with them, and i'd learnt 8 tracks just on that one offchance ,gotta be prepared lol , i hav'nt heard anything back from them either yet , they were great blokes , very friendly and welcoming, had a few pictures with them aswell ;-) good luck all who went.... yay my first post complete ;-)

I was just thinking, the one's who've auditioned all played through the same rig, secretly, but at different times. Is this not dissimilar to us all having a 'liason' with the same lady? If this is the case, I'm figuring that I was first, so therefore you lot stir my Ampeg custard :lol: :blink:

hehe yeah, but you just warmed her up for the bigger boys lmao , i did wipe the jack first anyways :blink:
i'm guessing , if there isnt much to split between some of the bassists regarding playing and vocal abilities , i;m sure they'd opt for a more local player to them, 25 did the live audition from around 80-100 applicants, and quite a few of those were from leeds and surrounding areas, as i did ask the question, i'm never lucky , so i very much doubt ive got it , so good luck mr custard :D and that goes to all the others that went for it ...... keep a rockin

[quote name='i play in N #' timestamp='1333467593' post='1602143']
well it isnt me, i finally got my e-mail from them, so good luck to the rest who hav'nt heard yet , or at least not posted it up yet :unsure:
[/quote]

Unlucky :( I have still not heard anything back yet so I have everything crossed now :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1333468769' post='1602183']
Unlucky :( I have still not heard anything back yet so I have everything crossed now :)
[/quote]

I wouldn't keep everything crossed for too long, you'll get pins and needles and get frightfully uncomfortable ;)

All the best mate.

[quote name='i play in N #' timestamp='1333467593' post='1602143']
well it isnt me, i finally got my e-mail from them, so good luck to the rest who hav'nt heard yet , or at least not posted it up yet :unsure:
[/quote]
Never mind mate. At least you won't have to give up the Sterling! :lol:

[quote name='i play in N #' timestamp='1333404651' post='1601379']
hehe yeah, but you just warmed her up for the bigger boys [/quote] Ooh, Harsh! Anyway, anyone who took the time to apply and those who got a bigger stab at this, is a big boy in my book. Remember, it's not the size of your instrument, but how you twang it!

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1333472436' post='1602274']
Ooh, Harsh! Anyway, anyone who took the time to apply and those who got a bigger stab at this, is a big boy in my book. Remember, it's not the size of your instrument, but how you twang it!
[/quote]

Get yerself over to the 'double entendres' thread! :lol:

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1333473703' post='1602302']
..... And best of luck for Linus27 :drinks:
[/quote]

Yes, the suspense is killing me, so I don't know what it must be doing for him!

[b]Massive [/b]respect to all of you though for getting that far!

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1333472436' post='1602274']
Ooh, Harsh! Anyway, anyone who took the time to apply and those who got a bigger stab at this, is a big boy in my book. Remember, it's not the size of your instrument, but how you twang it!
[/quote]

hehe that made me laugh , nice 1 :D good luck linus