Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for New Model Army

GRAHAM SG1

Here is a great opportunity for someone;

[url="http://www.newmodelarmy.org/"]http://www.newmodelarmy.org/[/url]

They are seeking a new bass player .
Anyone who has seen NMA knows just how good they are, anyone who hasnt does not know what they are missing !!

I would love to do it but dont think my very limited bass career would be enough to even fill out an application form :(

I lo
[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1329832889' post='1548074']
I can't access the webpage at work. Can you share any more info about this opportunity or what it says on the link above?
[/quote]

[center][size=6]THANK YOU NELSON[/size][/center]
We are very sad to announce that, for family and personal reasons, Nelson is leaving us after twenty-two years and countless wonderful performances. We'd like to thank him for his great contribution to the band for so long and we will miss his easy-going personality and great musical skill. [url="http://www.newmodelarmy.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=643:thank-you-nelson&catid=1:news&Itemid=58"]Read more...[/url]

[center][size=6]THE SEARCH BEGINS [/size][/center]
Despite opinions to the contrary, we have not already chosen our next bass player. Although the band have known for some time about Nelson's intentions, we have not until now seriously addressed finding a replacement. It goes without saying that the very first requirement will be considerable technical ability. All serious suggestions and applications should be made to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Good luck with the audition :lol:

Actually NMA was one of the only gigs that I walked out of . I used to follow then around yorkshire in the 80's and they were "my" band. then the next time I saw then was thie 20th anniversary show at the Astoria in London in the 90's and they just seem to have lost their edge. It was like watching a tribute band I absolutley hated it, but I suppose thats what age does to you :(

Anyway their last studio album was very good ( much better than the Justin Sullivan solo album that came out about the same time !)

[quote name='Chlo_treacher' timestamp='1329843433' post='1548369']
Probably a bit too young but Im actually really attempted to apply just for the hell of it. ;) I mean imagine if they actually called me up?! x
[/quote]

Go for it - you never know what kind of image they may be looking for.

[quote name='thunderbird13' timestamp='1329839865' post='1548285']
Actually NMA was one of the only gigs that I walked out of . I used to follow then around yorkshire in the 80's and they were "my" band. then the next time I saw then was thie 20th anniversary show at the Astoria in London in the 90's and they just seem to have lost their edge. It was like watching a tribute band I absolutley hated it, but I suppose thats what age does to you :(

Anyway their last studio album was very good ( much better than the Justin Sullivan solo album that came out about the same time !)
[/quote]

I last saw them at The Brook in Southampton in March 2010 and they were excellent, they certainly did not lack any `edge`, they played a lot of the latest album at the time `today is a good day` and have to say I was impressed by their playing and energy .

Saw them last year after a break of not seeing them for about 10 year's, thought they were as good as when i saw them in the mid 80's. Nelson is a cracking bass player, emailed the info service about the effect's he was using. He emailed me back two day's later. Top guy

Stuart Morrow was a great bass player with NMA, Moose also did some songs with the Damned on `not of this earth/Jack and the beanstalk` which is a great album IMO, NMA have always made great songs, `thunder and consolation, purity and ghost of cain` are also fave albums of mine` they are a very unique and individual band, it would be awesome if someone from this site got the job :D

Edited by GRAHAM SG1