Why become a member? ×

Celinder J Update 5 string ** SOLD**

fingerz

THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD. THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST AND PM'S. SORRY IF YOU MISSED OUT!

Hi folks,

A bass that needs no introduction, my Celinder is going up for sale, I'll be sad to see it go, an awesome instrument that has been a dependable bass and a joy to play.

Spec:

- Danish Ash Body
- Maple Neck
- Maple fingerboard, MOP blocks and binding. Lacquered finish.
- Celinder humcancelling pickups, in 70's postition
- Celinder pre-amp CP3, with dip switches, and master gain control (great for use with effects). 9v battery compartment on rear.
- Vol/Vol/Bass/Treble
- Lightweight hipshot style tuners (unbranded but sure they are hipshots)
- Celinder bridge
- Scale length 35"
- Weight: 10 1/2 lbs (near as I can see on scales)
- Constructed 2004

Tonally this bass really nails the 70's Ash/Maple jazz bass sound with the extra juice of the amazing preamp. Chris C really knows his stuff when it comes to generating tone, this bass is a monster. Top to bottom this bass resonates and maintains a full, fat tone and really feels 'complete' as a 5 string bass. This bass has all the features that these bass are sought after for, I spent a long time finding it!

Condition:
All the electronics are tip top. I've worked with this bass and so have looked after it. The set up is currently nice and low, the neck is great for this. Frets are in good condition, played but with loads of life left. Generally it's in great condition and has been cherished. I understand from Chris Celinder that the body has been left without the string-through drilling as requested by the original owner. Something that you could get done, but the bass really doesn't require it. Case and truss rod allen key included in the sale.

Blemishes:
One ding in the rear centre of the body (done by previous owner). Just into the lacquer and no trouble. Doesn't even show up in pic.
Tiny dent in rear of neck (see pic)
Mark on very top of headstock (see pic). Lacquer got chipped in transit and I've had The Gallery workshop do a fantastic job touching it up.
Case: Celinder branded case has taken a few knocks. It's totally serviceable but you would probably want to replace it, so I have taken this into account in the price.
Other than that, standard bit of pick guard swirling and some un-photographable marks on some edges. You can see from the pics it's in great condition.

Price:

£2,200 GBP.

You are more than welcome to come and try out the bass. Collection is very preferable but I do travel around for gigs etc so I could meet up potentially. Very reluctant to ship overseas but always worth a PM if you are really interested! Bass is in Bucks, UK.

Please give it a good home and play it a lot!!

Please PM me or call 07719154668

Thanks for looking,

Jo

Edited by fingerz

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1329597235' post='1544798']
Is that Ari's old Celinder J? Looks amazing, I've have it in a heartbeat and probably sell my other two if I had the disposable. Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Hi mate,

I believe it is yes. Shame its bad timing, but thanks for the comment. If anything changes let me know!

Hi Gwilym,

Cool, thanks, hope you're well?

Yes it is a sale only I'm afraid. I might consider trading down + cash if it's something I can sell on quite easily. But it's a bit early for all that! I know it's a good price considering how increasingly hard these are to get hold of and how good it is so hoping someone will snap it up..

Thanks mate, good luck with the other sales you have. Take it easy, Jo

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1329597235' post='1544798']
Is that Ari's old Celinder J? Looks amazing, I've have it in a heartbeat and probably sell my other two if I had the disposable. Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]
Not my old bass, never had a Celinder 5er in natural, I've probably had about 10 Celinders in my day, but not this one, might consider buying it though if it were a little cheaper.

[quote name='portraitoftracy' timestamp='1329954849' post='1550533']
Not my old bass, never had a Celinder 5er in natural, I've probably had about 10 Celinders in my day, but not this one, might consider buying it though if it were a little cheaper.[/quote]
How is your french?

[quote name='portraitoftracy' timestamp='1329954849' post='1550533']
Not my old bass, never had a Celinder 5er in natural, I've probably had about 10 Celinders in my day, but not this one, might consider buying it though if it were a little cheaper.
[/quote]

Hi there. I'm sure nothing is meant towards my ad in this comment, but I just want to make absolutely clear that this bass is bottom end of the right money. No offense taken at all, I just wanted to make that absolutely clear for my own reputations sake!

Nice to see some Celinder history going on. And 10 Celinders sounds like bass heaven! Wow.

[quote name='fingerz' timestamp='1329998791' post='1551018']
Hi there. I'm sure nothing is meant towards my ad in this comment, but I just want to make absolutely clear that this bass is bottom end of the right money. No offense taken at all, I just wanted to make that absolutely clear for my own reputations sake!

Nice to see some Celinder history going on. And 10 Celinders sounds like bass heaven! Wow.
[/quote]

Yep, nothing wrong with the price. If I sell my Sadowsky anytime soon and this is still available I may be in touch ;)

[quote name='geoffbassist' timestamp='1330599949' post='1559972']
Jo is a top guy to deal with and incredible player. I've not played this bass but it looks great. other Celinders I've played have all been fantastic and this is a good price.
[/quote]

Hope you're well Geoff and thanks for the comment.

Friday - Bump