Why become a member? ×

Boss GT-6B v GT-10B

far0n

I haven's used either, but I have gazed longingly at the 10. The 10 lets you have two signal chains and blend between them, and I think it has a crossover for splitting the signal into lows/highs. For general effects though I'd imagine the 6 is fine- I have a Boss VF-1 rackmount which predates the 6 and the effects on that are great.

Ive had numerous 6's over the years, always ended up selling then regretting!! I now have the GT10b and theres a whole lot more stuff in it. Ive had the 10 now for a few months and only really scratched the surface.
Im in work atm so cant go in to detail, but would recommend the 10B over the 6B. Theres just so much stuff in it and the possibilities seem endless.

Edited by mikeh

• 10 months later...

I have the GT-10B and use it 99.8% of the time. I use it as preamp, DI and tuner mostly, not so much for the effects. An occasional chorus from time to time. When I use my Bose setup, the GT-10B is perfect. Portable, well sounding EVERYWHERE, maybe not as good as a real amp, but it only sounds good in one spot. Often not where you are standing, but where those who complain about the bass being too loud are standing. (Guitards and vocalists...)

This isn't a setup for everyone, but it suits me at the gigs I mostly do: churches, choir gigs, concerts with our 20 piece show band. Here is a poor pic from my livingroom: