Why become a member? ×

What strap do you use?

Toasted

Guest subaudio

I use Minotaur padded leather straps, very comfortable, and it smells nice too :) The strap locks I use are I think made by Jim Dunlop, consisting of two ABS discs that lock arourd the strap button, very efective.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='18020' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:17 AM']i've got... ...a leathercraft one[/quote]

I've got 5 of the huge 4" wide padded leather/suede ones from Sound Control and they're the only strap I will use now. Super comfortable and non slip.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='18047' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:48 AM']What's with the skinny bits on all those straps? It makes even the Straposaurus look so Bert Weedon![/quote]

They're the length adjustment system. If you didn't have the skinny bit on a Straposaurus, the antlers would shred the back of your bass. And the top of your leg :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='ped' post='17559' date='Jun 14 2007, 01:13 PM']A Brooklyn Gear strapppp - similar to the Comfort Strapp but the foam is a bit thicker and it is not quite as squashy. With Schaller type locks.[/quote]

Comfort strapp user here, love it.

Bit thicker and not so squashy may have to try a brooklyn next time.

One is a Levy with EBS on it.
One has got Harley Davidson on it - was the only long black leather strap in the shop.
One black leather - no brand.

Cant get excited about straps. Did think about a comfort strapp but thought it might be a bit too sweaty with all that foam. What do users think?

A cheap 'n' cheerful no-brand black webbing strap with Grolsch straplocks. (As in, the rubber washers that seal bottles of Grolsch; take them off and use them to hold the strap on your bass. As a bonus you get TWO FREE BOTTLES OF BEER WITH EVERY PAIR! Best bit of guitar kit I ever purchased.)

I have a 4" wide, 1/8 " thick, length of pig skin (I believe), bought off Loughborough market circa 1975 (cut off the skin in front of me). Doubled the end up for extra strength round the holes. Suits me, and matches the "Earthy" look of the bass.

Clive

Edited by Clive Thorne

I use a generic strap that I received with my Warwick - it has a suede back so it's quite grippy and the bass stays in position when playing standing up.

Are the Comfort Strapps grippy too? I've been looking at these and considering buying one as we speak!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='18063' date='Jun 15 2007, 10:06 AM']I've got 5 of the huge 4" wide padded leather/suede ones from Sound Control and they're the only strap I will use now. Super comfortable and non slip.[/quote]
+1 on these. They are the same range as the ones David Nimrod spoke of in message 14 -

[quote]Leathergraft from Liverpool, they're in most music shops usually hanging near the Levys straps.

The plain padded 3" ones are about £20 and are great...[/quote]