Why become a member? ×

What strap do you use?

Toasted

I use a black one that didnt cost very much. I used to have a black one that cost more, but that snapped mid-lunge at a show infront of 800 people. I now have a distrust of expensive straps :)

The strap world is one of the few 'grey' areas for me as far as this bass game is concerned. I can get myself ridiculously excited about basses, amplifiers, even cables... but I have to say, i've never got in a flush over a strap. I put schaller straplocks on 'em though.

I might try a blue one sometime.

On that note, are there any people out there who are traditionalists to the extreme of straps? i.e. playing a custom, handmade bass, through a hand wired tube amp and therefore will only use a hand sewn strap made by an english seamstress in the early 70s?

Edited by NJW

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='17471' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:24 AM']Comfort strapp, it's great![/quote]

[quote name='obbm' post='17494' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:38 AM']+1, with Schaller Straplocks[/quote]

I use the Overwater strap, basically the same thing I think. Does the Comfort Strap have suspension coz the OW one does? And Schaller straplocks are an absolute must.

Depends on the weight of the bass...

For light and normal weight ones, a Levys black strap - leather on the outside, webbing on the inside.
For the heavier basses a Comfort Strapp (do they do these in any clour other than black?)

Straplocks fitted to all of them and each bass has it's own strap because although straplocks are fairly quick cange every bass has the strap anchor points in different places and needs a different length strap to bring it to the correct playing height - plus I play plectrum and fingerstyle at different heights as well...

+1 on the Overwater strap - plus the strap locks (essential IMHO).

Very comfy and distributes the weight well (I have a dodgy shoulder and back, probably partly from playing bass combined with a sports injury, so anything that helps spread the stress is a good thing :huh:

A dodgy strap casued some damage to my first bass (Yamaha RBF800A) still makes me sad thinking about it - the floor was very hard, :) enough said...

Check these guys out -- when you're feeling flush or somebody else is paying :)

[url="http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/index.html"]Eyeland straps[/url]

Here's the usual 'I'm not linked to them' disclaimer, though I do have a Straposaurus they made.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='18005' date='Jun 15 2007, 08:20 AM']Check these guys out -- when you're feeling flush or somebody else is paying :)

[url="http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/index.html"]Eyeland straps[/url]

Here's the usual 'I'm not linked to them' disclaimer, though I do have a Straposaurus they made.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

What's with the skinny bits on all those straps? It makes even the Straposaurus look so Bert Weedon!