Why become a member? ×

TO GO: KVM (2 pc's on 1 montor/keyboard/mouse)

fonzoooroo

Bought from Maplin a few years back, used for a year or so, then plonked in a box.

It's an "Aten cs-62B" if that helps...

I bought it because I had a music PC that I specifically didn't want online, and a day-to-day pc that was...

No idea how this'd get on with windows7 etc... I was using 98se and XP when I was using this.

If you can use it, it's yours!

I'll happily post at your cost, or you can collect from Coalville, LE67

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1328442989' post='1526893']
Should work fine with any OS because these sort of devices emulate keyboards and don't need any drivers or other software.

[/quote]

It might be OK with Windows 7. I have an Aten CS-62U which works fine with Windows 7.

Unfortunately a lot of KVM switches, in common with many other USB devices, won't work properly with Windows 7. Microsoft implemented the protocol properly for the first time in Windows 7, so a lot of legacy kit made to the previous, more lax, Microsoft implementation, won't work. I tried 3 or 4 before I found the Aten. Belkin seems to be particularly bad in this respect.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1334312531' post='1614202']
It might be OK with Windows 7. I have an Aten CS-62U which works fine with Windows 7.

Unfortunately a lot of KVM switches, in common with many other USB devices, won't work properly with Windows 7.
[/quote]

Perhaps, but the KVM in question is a PS/2 keyboard/mouse device so USB is irrelevant . . .

• 4 weeks later...