Why become a member? ×

Just got my Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 delivered from the US of A

far0n

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1328539453' post='1528667']
Nope, all Genz amps have a voltage selector on the back. Just use the correct plug, and select the voltage. Away you go :)
[/quote]

I don't think the old Shuttle 3.0 has the power switching - I bought a 6.0 from the States when they first came out (rather than the 3.0 which was all I really needed) because of this.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1329386331' post='1541506']
I don't think the old Shuttle 3.0 has the power switching - I bought a 6.0 from the States when they first came out (rather than the 3.0 which was all I really needed) because of this.
[/quote]

You're right it doesn't have it:

But from the information on the pannel it seem like it doesn't need it, it takes 110 to 240V.

Cheers

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1329387437' post='1541529']
You're right it doesn't have it:

But from the information on the pannel it seem like it doesn't need it, it takes 110 to 240V.

Cheers
[/quote]

Seems like it, but is it the same deal as the Eden WT500 whereby you have to pop the amp open and change over a jumper circuit?

Good question, i haven't got a clue. The safer move is to read the manual and send a mail to Jeff before firing the amp up!

Edit: on a second read i see this: "SELF-CONFIGURING UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY" - i guess it means that there's no need to change a jumper. I think it was Markbass that have the same system... but i could be wrong.

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 8 months later...

[quote name='gilmour' timestamp='1328309210' post='1525507']
I have a shuttlemax 6. Seriously impressive amps, there's so many tone shaping options (probably more than I'll ever need!)

The only fault (and it's one that really annoys me) is that the feet on mine are plastic, which on a lightweight amp means it slides all over the place when playing at volume. I think the reason it annoys me so much is that it would have been very easily fixed with rubber feet.

Rant over, brilliant amps, light as a feather, effing loud and sound great.
[/quote]

I had the same problem - cured with some anti-slip matting cut down to size and rolled over the top of the cab. The amp just sits on top. Got mine from B&M Bargains for about 79p. I've gone slightly oversize so that my tuner also sits on the mat (plugged in to the back of the amp). Simples :)

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roll-of-Anti-Slip-matting-1-5m/dp/B004AXTIYM"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roll-of-Anti-Slip-matting-1-5m/dp/B004AXTIYM[/url]

[quote name='jonnpip' timestamp='1352107339' post='1858645']
what would be a ideal tuner to go with the 9.2 ?
[/quote]

Any tuner you want really, doesn't matter which amp you're using - if you're looking for rackmount there's a few threads (probably in the 'Miscellaneous Equipment' forum) on the options available to you. I think there's concerns around the Behringer one being able to track the low notes well. The Korg DTR series get good feedback but I've got a feeling they've been discontinued. Used to have a DTR-1000 when I had a rackmount setup and it did the job just fine.

If you're not going rackmount, you've got all the usual options for pedal tuners, plenty of threads on them too. The usual suspects are Boss TU-2/TU-3, Korg Pitchblack, TC Polytune. If you've got loads of money the Peterson tuners are very highly thought of too. I've always used a Boss TU-2 and found it to be solid and dependable.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genz-Benz-Shuttle-Max-9-2-Including-Footswitch-Gig-Skinz-Bag-/281016851868?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item416de8dd9c"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genz-Benz-Shuttle-Max-9-2-Including-Footswitch-Gig-Skinz-Bag-/281016851868?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item416de8dd9c[/url]

There's one going here.