Why become a member? ×

NBD - '86 Fender Japan Precision!

LiamPodmore

Hi all,

Just thought i'd show off my newly accquired bass. Its a lovely Candy Apple Red n Maple 1986 Fender Japan Precision, almost all original complete with original hardcase. Unfortunately, it's been modded to have an EMG Active Pickup and subsequently has a battery compartment routed in too, but for £380 i can't complain.

Sorry about the crappy pics, my phone seems to have messed up when i took them, so i'll take some better ones soon.

Front:

Back (Notice the battery compartment):

Headstock:

Body:

And one with the chrome covers for good measure:

Only just noticed how crap these images actually are, i need some sun so i can get some better ones.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

Immo i know what you mean, it's an insanely good price for what it is, the advantages of buying from family, and to be honest, if there wasn't a battery box route i would have already ordered a Wizard Thumper to replace the EMG. KiOgon it wont show when i'm playing, but its not recessed so i can feel it a bit when it brushes against my leg.

Liam

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1327764998' post='1516464']
Immo i know what you mean, it's an insanely good price for what it is, the advantages of buying from family, and to be honest, if there wasn't a battery box route i would have already ordered a Wizard Thumper to replace the EMG.[/quote]
I said it before in 'Precisions' topic - if EMG's sound 'not-so-Fender-ish', try Seymour Duncan APB-2 '[i]Lightnin' Rod[/i]' pickup. That active split PU delivers really vintage tone with good response and clarity, just the way they advertise it.
When I bought my P with them already installed (battery's under the pickguard), my intention was to remove it and place something else, preferably old Ibanez Blazer PU, but after trying them out and stringing the P with tapewounds, I've found my perfect P-bass sound. :)

Edited by Immo