Why become a member? ×

ashdown

bassmansky

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='169627' date='Apr 4 2008, 09:21 AM']So can I.

I have used Ashdown exclusively since 1999 for gigs/rehearsals/recording an average of 3 - 4 times per week and have never had any issue of any sort with the ranges I have used (ABM, MAG and, currently, Superfly).[/quote]
im going to buy a500 evo11 or a klystron head as theres some good deals at the moment.some say that theres no differance in the two apart from the price!

just looking for around 400-450 i can get a gk700rb-II.

should i consider the abm 900 (525?) or just get the 700 im probs gonna get the ashdown LG1000 as a backup and just for a small amp to take to practice.

but wat do u guys out of the to think i should get for my main gig amp? i play rock/metal?

[quote name='Machines' post='172900' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:13 AM']I like to think of Ashdown as a bit like the Alfa Romeo of the bass world ;).[/quote]
:) There speaks an Alfisti! I have had no problems with my ABM EVOII combo or cab, but I bet I've put a bloody curse on it now! Me Alfasud however, was on the whole, a pile of sh*te! Except both times it worked. :huh:

What I mean by that is - I love Ashdown gear and can't see myself with anything else in the next few years, but I wouldn't be shocked if it burst into flames.

Same with Alfas , no-one buys them on their reputation of reliability - but because they fell in love with the car.

I used an ABM rig solidly from 1999 to 2007, 100-150 gigs a year and never had any issues with it at all, always worked, always sounded great. My head got dropped out of the back of our van once pretty hard and although I had to get a new bulb for the VU meter it worked fine. I bought one of the new classic rigs last year and that is even better. I never ever think I'd better take a backup, plus the fact I like they are an English small company.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='173268' date='Apr 9 2008, 04:21 PM']love my mag210, no problems and its been a year now, though still not sure if the sub harmonic thingy works but maybe thats just me and the sound is spot on.
though there is that little voice in the back of my head. :)[/quote]
bought the abm evo 11 head at a great price from sound control(allthough old stock)and i cant hear no differance when using sub harmonic either,but still a great sound!

I've got an ABM 300 head, and I've had it for 4 months or so and it's worked fine. Jay_249 on here had it before me, and he didn't have any problems with it either. Great sound too, perfect in my opinion but I know it's not to everyones taste.