Why become a member? ×

New Fender Bassman Pro Series valve amps

omikin

Those new fender amps and cabs look really nice, would love to try the 300 watt and the 610 cab.

They will probably be really hard to find like the TB pro range they have - no one stocked them and the prices never dropped.
I hope thats not the case though, really want to try one out!

• 4 months later...

I'm a big advocate of the smaller valve amp as a practical gigging tool (I have a 100Watter myself), and there should be a market for them as they're loud enough, yet not unmanageably big and heavy.

These Fender ones look cool and have some great features. I'd never pay that much for one. I think I'd go for the much cheaper EBS T90.

I suspect that Fender are cashing in on their heritage and selling an image, rather than a value-for-money product. Again.

Edit - I hope this does not come across as mindless Fender Bashing. I love them, it''s just that I feel in recent years the company have been putting out some products that are good quality and look the business, but priced too highly for what they are. I'm sure this is a top quality amp.

Edited by Roland Rock

I bought a Fender Studio bass from ebay for £320, it then needed to get recapped and valved which was £250. At the moment the transformer is getting rewound after having some odd wiring problems, which should cost £150, then i'll need a case to put the amp in as 170 watt full valve combo isn't easy to move which will be £150. I had to get a good quality cabinet for the JBL housed in the combo, which was £120. When i get this amp back it'll have all the pros of the new Fender valve amps for about the price of the 100T but with more headroom. CBS used the same design for several different amps including the super twin which an be found for under £500

• 2 weeks later...

Not totally convinced with the 100w idea. I'd have to hear one obviously but I think there's a reason why no one else really does one. I'm sure it could handle most small venues, but would many people take that chance when it [i]might[/i] struggle and is more expensive than a 200w Orange, a 300w Ashdown or Ampeg or a 400w Marshall? Not sure re-valve costs would be lower either if you do have to run it high.

• 4 weeks later...