Why become a member? ×

New Fender Bassman Pro Series valve amps

omikin

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/bassmanpro/

I have to confess to being very excited by these new amps. I love that the 100w version has the ability to switch down to 25w output for studio work. I think there's a gap in the market at the moment for a 100w bass valve amp (or am I missing something?) as most heads seem to be much more powerful. This can be a bit much for those of us playing pubs and bars etc. I had a VBA 400 until recently which I reluctantly got rid of as it had so much more headroom than I needed and was an absolute beast to carry about.

I reckon the Bassman 100T would be right up my street. Lighter, great looks, nice dirty channel, and versatile for the studio. Only downside - I don't really want to spend £1500...

What do you guys think? I can't wait till used ones of these start hitting ebay...

Some pics, as that page is a bit of a nightmare...

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i17/brianeharmonjr/SuperBassmanedit.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i17/brianeharmonjr/Bassman100Tedit.jpg[/IMG]

As I say, yum. Just a shame the price point is too high for me right now.

I had one of the Fender TV15 bassmans until a few months ago and loved the sound from it but unfortunately the weight was too much for me to cart up and down 3 flights of stairs to my flat every gig. These don't come as a micro amp version do they? :) No I didn't think so :(

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1327441090' post='1511375']
There is a 4x10 and a 6x10 as well as the 8x10. And I don't think the cloth is roadworn - I think that's seeing through to the back. If you see the pictures from the link at the top of the page you'll see what I mean.
[/quote]

Ah okay, makes sense now.

Now my only gripe is the price.

these look fantastic, apart from the price as stated...

£1,500 - to be honest, why don't you get a 1970's bassman 135 and a good overdrive/boost pedal, for a third of the price....

love my bassman 135, but interested to try one of these, curious about the second channel - always surprised that more amps for bass don't have 2 channels!!!

Edited by GazWills

I'm trying to see if any stores in the North are getting these in. PMT and Dawsons in Leeds are both a "no" unless I want to order (and pay) for one.

Anyone done any sleuthing to see if their friendly neighbourhood Fender dealer is going to stock 'em?