Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn...Please delete...

TommyK

Definitely going to keep this now guys... Sorry for the change of heart...
Thanks
TK

After much deliberation I have decided to put this back up for sale again!... :rolleyes: . I had great fun with this project and have enjoyed playing it too, I am really only playing 5 strings now though so havent played it much in the last 6 months. It started out life as a fretless Sabre type thing I bought on here for around £600. I sold the neck and bought and fitted the Status neck. It also had one of those awful bent tin Olp style bridges you see on e-bay for a fiver each! I imported a G&L bridge from the States as that was the closest thing I could find to an "off the shelf" Sabre bridge.

The body is stamped 1988 and being a Sabre of that era it ain't light.... (11lbs dead). It is nicely balanced though and I have never found it to be an issue. It has a few areas of light "mojo" too but nothing too horrendous. Electronics are all original, 3 band EQ and 3 position switch. The switch is not 100%. It always works in Bridge position but sometimes needs a bit of wiggling for neck and middle positions. Never bothered me as I like the bridge pick up most anyway... It is quite a versatile bass with all the options though, so if you want it fully sorted, we can come to some arrangement i'm sure.

It plays really well and sounds pretty killer too. Probably about the best "Budget" Cutlass 2 you will find! :P

Comes fitted with DR Neons (in a very understated shade of green :D), the original black pickguard which i have stickerised, (can be un-stickerised at your request) and a mint green replacement one which makes it look quite retro I reckon, A Sterling by Musicman Gigbag + a new set of EB Strings

Price: £[s]950 [/s] £820 collected. (£850 delivered UK)

Cheers
TK

Edited by TommyK

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1327341208' post='1509628']
Lovely bass you have there. Good price too. I'm a lefty, so it's no good to me but man, do I need some DR Neons.
[/quote]

Thanks! :)

Yes the old DR Neons are pretty fabulous it must be said....Bump :yarr:

So....You've all talked me out of it!! Thanks for all the nice comments peeps. Been playing this for the last few days, It is just too good to sell.... Infact,I may sell my Stingray 5 and invest in a Hipshot drop D tuner I think!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...