Why become a member? ×

Nearly everything broke!

Jayben

Just got in from a gig in Crewe.. f***ing mental.

I was playing with my thrash outfit Synapse, and we opened up the night. Decent gig (although the the headliners bass rig was f*ckin awful, not a suitable tone for metal at all!), despite my arms seizing up mid way through the set.. finished with the big kahuna, and the place went off like a bomb. Afterwards we got the usual adulation from nearby guitarists & drummers (our two just attract them for some reason), and someone started talking to me about Communism, pretty surreal.

On after us, was a punk band from around Manchester. They were doin' alright, until the singer got wayyyyy too into it, tripped over his bass player, fell into the Pa, and brought the rig crashing down, smashing the headliner's guitar amp in the process. Only at a punk gig eh?

Once the rig had been rebuilt, the show resumed, only for their bass player to break his E-string... And me, being the good samaritan I am, very kindly lent him my 20YO Squier J so he could finish his set. Quick swap of basses, and an impromptu tuning, away he went. Luckily he managed not to break any of my strings, and the dude was ever so grateful afterwards.

SWould any of you guys be willing to do that for a brother in need? Or am I just too nice? :P

• 1 month later...