Why become a member? ×

Headstock id help.

LukeFRC

[url="http://www.the-dj-equipment-guide.com/image-files/cascade-electric-guitar.jpg"][/url] what other make guitars have a similar headstock shape to this.

No label on it, just a continuation of a daftly ornate neck long MOP inlay, oh yeah and it seemed to be a neck thru. could be nice, could be cheap chinese.... help?

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1327096105' post='1506529']
All I know is that's a £1000 JC,
[/quote]
and I've spent the last 2 hours looking through the internet for a similar headstock. the guitar I saw had full fret board inlay, and up to the headstock.... it's eather a chinese cheapy or something very very nice.
wood finish, wings of ash? (pine??) two darker stringers and a centre core HSS pickups and a floyd rose or style trem

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1327096624' post='1506538']
I used to have a very similar guitar, it was Harley Benton but it wasn't exactly the same.
[/quote]
do you have model number (or photo to hand)? couldn't see anything similar
It's really annoying- I know I have seen this shape before somewhere...

It's meant to look like a Musicman I think - possibly one of the John Petrucci range, or perhaps a JPX - but the proportions are wrong, and MM guitars have a 4 + 2 headstock, not 3 + 3.

Don't know what it is, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic about it at this point.

It's possible that it's a 1-off made by a private luthier and inspired by the MM range. Without holding it and playing it you have no real idea as to it's quality though. Could just as easily be a cheap Chinese knock-off from the available evidence.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1327100097' post='1506587']
It's meant to look like a Musicman I think - possibly one of the John Petrucci range, or perhaps a JPX - but the proportions are wrong, and MM guitars have a 4 + 2 headstock, not 3 + 3.

Don't know what it is, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic about it at this point.
[/quote]
im not really, just caught my eye, ill go look tom

Having a massive neck inlay that continues on the headstock would generally suggest a Chinese eBay special to me, e.g something like [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inlaid-Strat-style-electric-guitar-Solid-Burl-Maple-SE157-/160703722866?pt=Guitar&hash=item256ab03572#ht_4850wt_1185"]this[/url]. There used to be a bunch of sellers who sold similar things, basically Chinese factory guitars with insane inlays added.

• 4 weeks later...