Why become a member? ×

4.3k for Marcus Miller signature?

TimmyC

Check this out at thomann: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_marcus_miller_iv_master_built.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_marcus_mil...aster_built.htm[/url]

Yeah its Master Built but that is a lot of money. You could get a couple of really nice original 70's jazz basses and have money to spare.

Someone will buy it though

I recently went into a local guitar shop and they had a maple neck ash bodied telecaster which was identical in every way to a telecaster I had at home. Identical apart from the custom shop logo on the headstock and a more highly figured neck. It wasn't any better in terms of construction or sound but was nearly four times the price. It wasn't worth it and I would be terrified to use it outside of a highly padded room. The same day I also played an Eric Clapton signature strat that looked like it had been put together in a darkened room by men in sunglasses. And they wanted £1900.

If you've got money to burn then fine but better alternatives exist.

[quote name='dr1' post='169445' date='Apr 3 2008, 09:07 PM']isnt that pearl (instead peral) ? nevermind,that's a CRAZY price.[/quote]

And what's wrong with peral? It's very rare don't you know...

*jeez* - I was taking the piss!

[quote name='kevbass' post='169595' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:30 AM']Thats bloody ridiculous, who'd pay for that when lets be honest its probbably not much difference between the standard signature model.[/quote]

People with shedloads of money who want a bass built by the same person that builds guitars for Sting and Eric Clapton.

To be fair, I don't think you, I, or 99.99999999999% of the readership of Basschat are the target market for this bass...

[quote name='finnbass' post='169848' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:49 PM']Is that a confession? :)[/quote]

I'll cough that if I had 4 1/2k to invest in a keeper piece I might consider it (along with an original 4000 Ric, a 60s P, an SRV strat) .....

But I dont, and infact the £1.5k investment bass may have to go soon..... I dont play it and like something that I can and will play!

would any of you notice the difference if i was to post a picture of that bass and a standard marcus miller? it seems a silly price to pay. especially if you can get four (maybe three and a half) shukers for that price.

This is what I'd call a "pension scheme" bass.

Face it, it's a signature 10 of a kind master crafted Fender, it won't lose money.

Store in hardcase under bed, check on it every few years. Wait for 30 years.
Instant pension fund.

[quote name='Buzz' post='171598' date='Apr 7 2008, 03:58 PM']Face it, it's a signature 10 of a kind master crafted Fender, it won't lose money.[/quote]

It may well do in the short term.. CS Fenders take a little while to accumulate in value, as does most new stuff.

[quote name='Buzz' post='171598' date='Apr 7 2008, 04:58 PM']This is what I'd call a "pension scheme" bass.

Face it, it's a signature 10 of a kind master crafted Fender, it won't lose money.

Store in hardcase under bed, check on it every few years. Wait for 30 years.
Instant pension fund.[/quote]

I can think of a better ways to make money - you could do a lot with 4.3k. Especially if you're not going to play it.