Why become a member? ×

Thinking of taking a 6 string dip...

bassatnight

For many years I have toyed with having another crack at trying the dark side of the 6 string variety.

A guy at work is selling my dream semi acoustic a Rickenbacker 360/6 He let me borrow it over the weekend and frankly it was awsome. He wants £950 for it but this may be a dream too far, now I have in the past paid twice that for a Bass but I am fair player after 25 years on the 4 string, but a guitar no more than a slightly advanced beginner (I can play 4 chords) so tempted.....

Must resist....

What do you think?

Thats a fair price for a 2nd hand Ricky 360/6. They usually retail for around £1600. Even if you lose interest advancing your guitar skills you won't lose any money on resale (maybe even make a few quid). I always buy instruments as investments and this is not a bad one. Knock him down to £900 ;)

The better you sound the more you'll practice. It's a very good price and you've answered your own question by using phrases like - 'my dream semi acoustic', ' frankly it was awsome'. If you can, go for it. In the unlikely event that it's really not for you you'll easily be able to get your money back and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you've given it your best shot with a quality guitar.

• 4 weeks later...