Why become a member? ×

Warwick Go Mental.

throwoff

[quote name='Dirk_Warwick' timestamp='1327425565' post='1511035']

Hello Linus 27,

I'm sorry to read that you have issues with your instrument. Could you post the serial number of your bass as well as a photo of the mentioned parts, please? I have to say that we of course have an absolutely strict quality management and that the described issues have not come to our attention yet. We are convinced of the quality we offer and no instrument leaves the factory if it is not in a perfect condition.

Regards,

Dirk
[/quote]

Hi Dirk,

PM sent with all the info requested.

Cheers,

Michael

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1327067066' post='1505951']
It also raises an interesting question, has anyone here ever had a duff warwick? I've never played one I didn't think was excellent quality, there were I couple I didn't get on with but the Quality was still there..
[/quote]

I played a lot of Warwicks when I was on my quest for a really good fretless bass. Didn't get on with any of them but it was just a difference in what I wanted from a bass versus what Warwick were making. Then I played the Jack Bruce Cream Reunion signature which was fantastic! Unfortunately it was almost £1k more expensive than the completely custom Sei that I ended up buying.

I have had a hankering after the Starbass II. After all it seems to be the only double cut hollow body available in long scale in 5-string. However the only example I've ever seen a 4-string model had the sharpest fingerboard edges of any bass (or guitar) I've ever played. How that got past QC I'll never know.

[quote name='Dirk_Warwick' timestamp='1327425565' post='1511035']
Dear Musicman20,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, of course that depends on your personal attitude. We believe that there are many people out there who want to ensure that their instrument is manufactured sustainably and who are willing to pay for this certainty. On the other hand we ourselves are convinced that environment protection is worth a little extra effort and so Warwick will proceed. Last but not least this approach even makes sences economically if you think a few years further. Beeing independant in terms of energy can not be a mistake in the long run, just like the protection of the world's forests.
[/quote]

Hi Dirk

Great to see you are helping Linus...always good to have manufacturers on here helping out.

I understand exactly where you are coming from regarding sustainability/environment. My own personal view is that the current economic situation is affecting so many people on a daily basis that the majority can't really justify extra cost for something that we ultimately cannot afford to worry about at the moment, (unfortunately).

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1327439502' post='1511332']......the only example I've ever seen a 4-string model had the sharpest fingerboard edges of any bass (or guitar) I've ever played. How that got past QC I'll never know.
[/quote]
They went for really sharp fingerboard edges for a while - my Thumb (from 2008) is like that. I haven't cut myself on it yet, but I've been expecting it! :)
But their more recent basses have had much gentler edges - I've got one from 2010 that has beautifully rolled edges, as well as a much thinner neck. (Both are fretless, fwiw).

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1327496453' post='1512249']
I understand exactly where you are coming from regarding sustainability/environment. My own personal view is that the current economic situation is affecting so many people on a daily basis that the majority can't really justify extra cost for something that we ultimately cannot afford to worry about at the moment, (unfortunately).
[/quote]

Ok, oppinions may differ of course, but we think the more companies will take these issues into account, the cheaper environment friendly products may become in the future. Of course, not everyone can afford a German Warwick easily, however, it is not impossible even for people with normal income - it just needs some extra effort in many cases. But we are getting into kind of politics here, and I understand that it really depends on personal views and priorities. However, we think that environment protection will become a problem to deal with for everyone in the very near future and we want to do our very best in this field.

Best,

Dirk

Edited by Dirk_Warwick