Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
LukeFRC

Guitar through a bass amp....

Yeah, my guitar playing skills are not massively in demand, either. And of course supply always massively outstrips demand for guitar players anyway, so I'm more than happy to be known as a bassist first and foremost!

I play my Eastwood 12 string semi through my Orange 100w bass amp and it sounds better than the marshall valve pre-amp guitar combo, don't get that at all. :blink:

Had, and got rid of, a Marshall AS50 and a Fishman. Good as they were, I get a better sound from my Takamine through a Danelectro 15watt bass practise combo. Actually gig it too. If you're not looking for effects and plugging mics in, small bass combo is the cheaper way to go for electro acoustics as you still gt a practise amp for your bass.

Ive had very mixed results with various combinations, but i found that a trace v6 into an acme lowb2 can produce a beautiful clean guitar sound

I put guitar into my Ashdown CTM15 and into a BF Super midget and it sounds good. The tweeter needs turning down a bit if using a lot of drive, but you could easily gig it.
You're never going to get cone breakup, but pushing the power stage sounds cool.

I use my bass rig for my les paul sometimes, I like it but there's not enough distortion on the fx side of life for me, I don't play nicely.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1326838914' post='1502758']
It won't do anything bad to your amp, but it doesn't sound particularly great.
[/quote]

Well I broke my tweeters in my GB NX2 cab when I put an acoustic guitar though it and it fed back!

On 18/1/2012 at 15:22, BigRedX said:

Don't forget that one of the classic amps for guitarists is the Fender Bassman...

Thanks for that,  always wondered why guitar player's used an amp with that moniker,  learn summat new everyday.

Played a gig once where the guitarist blew a cone in his cab. At the time I was using an Ashdown 4x8 and 1x15 cab setup so he had the 4x8. It sounded pretty good actually with a few tweaks on his JCM amp and pedal board.