Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz USA '62 reissue PRICE DROP £780.00

jackson

Hi,
im selling this '62 reissue with a badass bridge fitted by overwater. Its about 5 years old.I bought it from soundcontrol last year and have never gigged it.
It really is in fantastic condition and sounds great.
Anyone wants to try they are welcome, im based in Leeds. Any questions please send me a PM.

Im now asking £780.00

Edited by jackson

Just out of interest, what have the old bridge-cover holes been filled with? Are they screws, or some kind of stud?

Looks really really nice by the way! Where are you based? If geoffbassist has played it and he is in Leeds then I'm guessing somewhere up north?

[quote name='Broken Hero' post='168912' date='Apr 3 2008, 09:28 AM']Just out of interest, what have the old bridge-cover holes been filled with? Are they screws, or some kind of stud[/quote]

It looks like the fitting screws have been left in...

I know they're good (functionally) but that Badass looks out of place on a gorgeous '62 :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='170118' date='Apr 5 2008, 07:42 AM']At that price it really has to be a USA... good call to never assume though![/quote]

Was there ever a Jap. 2 knob Jazz..?

Don't think so... but I'm no real Fender expert :)

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='170123' date='Apr 5 2008, 09:07 AM']Was there ever a Jap. 2 knob Jazz..?

Don't think so... but I'm no real Fender expert ;)[/quote]

I'm 'certainly' no Fender expert :huh: I assumed that if Fender USA make it then it's a fair bet that it'll be knocked out elsewhere.

I had one of these (USA made in 91/92 I believe) in black last year and I have to say that even with the original stack-knobs, ashtrays, case candy and tags supplied AND a J Retro fitted, I hawked it up and down the sale thread for a month @ £600ish :) until I found a buyer in my home town.

Lovely looking bass though, good luck.