Why become a member? ×

Rotosound

paul_5

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1327941230' post='1519139']
Fantastic! :D Very generous indeed, thank you!

How about a set for everyone who posted in this topic before your post and the rest first come first served?
Is that fair? You can post them all to me and I'll make sure everyone gets them, if you like.
Or whatever is best for you. What does anyone else think? :)

Thanks again, Jason.
[/quote]

Sounds fair, what an excellent idea. And what a generous gesture from jason at Roto.

Edited by BRANCINI

I have sent PMs to all those involved for their names and addresses which I will forward to Jason.

[quote name='WarrenD' timestamp='1328009362' post='1520148']
Sorry what's going on? I'm getting some Rotos for free?
[/quote]

Yes!! Is anyone actually reading this thread or what? :lol:

And WarrenD, please PM me your address!

Edited by discreet

I thought this vid would be of interest to everybody... found it on the Rotosound website. :D
Lots of useful stuff on the site... have a look. [url="http://www.rotosound.com/"]http://www.rotosound.com/[/url]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5Nalh3K14[/media]

Edited by discreet

I must say that I have always had excellent service from Rotosound. I generally use their PSD 99 strings and one occasion I broke the exposed wire on one of the strings. I emailed them and John Doughty came straight back advising he would send a replacement string free of charge.

Thanks again

Deaky

Sorry, Been at the hospital since 07.45 with my lady who was having an op today. discreet, I have e-mailed you. What a jolly nice man Mr How is. I use Rotosounds on my 8 string bass but I have to be honest and say that this is because they are the only company I can find that sell an 8 string set although to be fair I have no complaint with them at all but I also have nothing to compare them with. I think a fair and honest appraisal is the least we can offer after such a generous offer

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1328133026' post='1522550']
Sorry, been at the hospital since 07.45 with my lady who was having an op today.
[/quote]

No problemo mate, nothing serious I hope? :blink: Please give our best wishes to mrs bertbass.

So we're all done... Rotos should be arriving very soon. Thanks everyone!

Edited by discreet

I would also just like to add my praise for Rotosound service. A couple of years ago I ordered a number of various sets from a local shop (now gone) by phone. They said that they would need to order them. Fine I would pick up next Monday and paid by credit card up front. Cutting it short the shop kept making excuses say Rotosound were out of stock. Contacted Roto who said they hadn't had the order. I lost it a bit and emailed all the addresses on their site moaning that I could get the strings in three days from the states but not buy locally. Next thing I know is I'm getting calls from Roto people all being very positive and helpfull. Can't remember who, it may have been Jason took my address. Next day in the post I receive the complete order of strings free of charge.

I have always used Roto's and will continue to do so. I've only ever had one slightly iffy D string, but didn't complain as they had been so good before. I still haven't used all the strings they sent yet

Keep it up Rotosound

A splendid thread to follow, this is BC at it's best, perhaps..? Well done to all involved, and looking forward to the reviews which must surely follow...

I certainly can't claim to be responsable for Rotosound's continued success; I use the TruBass Black Nylons (RS88M...) on a Hofner Verithin bass, and I'm afraid to say that they last literally years. The very same sound from new to eternity. One has to like that solid 'thump', of course (not for slapping..!). Excellent product, I shall certainly not switch to any other (on that bass, at least...). No comfort to Rotosound, however. I suppose that every little helps, though..?
Sorry, Jason; your product is too good, it seems. Please don't change them.

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1328136766' post='1522649']
Have you tried the different types of Rotosounds...? Their range is extensive...
[/quote]

I have tried a few yes, but due to shop availability at the time discovered other brands that work better for me. I won't sit here and promote them though since this is a Roto thread :)

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1328089505' post='1521483']
Do you mean the Rotosound Jazz Bass 77 monel flatwounds...?
[/quote]

no, they're called tru bass.

[url="http://www.rotosound.com/tru_88.php"]http://www.rotosound.com/tru_88.php[/url]

Edited by gjones

Agree. I`ve a two-year-old set of Roto Rounds on one of my Precisions, and they sound like flats. Why not buy flats then, I hear people ask? Well I just don`t like the feel - can`t get on with them. So I get that traditional thump sound I like, from strings that are comfortable to play.