Why become a member? ×

Rotosound

paul_5

THAT'S IT! ALL GONE!

I have a free afternoon tomorrow and I'll be sending everyone a PM with details of how it's going to roll. Don't PM me yet, I'll get in touch with you. Thanks! :D

And many thanks and big props to Jason How at Rotosound, no?
Very sporting and generous of him, IMHO! :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='jason how' timestamp='1327938181' post='1519079']
Hi guys,
Jason How from Rotosound here !
Just interested to hear your comments and if you have any questions feel free to ask?
Just so you all know around 7 years ago we introduced new computer controlled string winding machines (that I designed and built) these machines replaced my fathers machines form the late 1960's.
For Rotosound to stay competitive we went from hand winding the strings to automated winding,if we hadn't the cost to the end user would have been way too high!
At this time a number of string sets went out to a lot of our endorsees for testing.We had very favourable comments back and thats the way the strings are made now.The consistency is far superior.
With any defective strings we always offer to replace them so please let me know if you would like me to sort this for any of you? Go to the Rotosound website or message on here.I would be happy to help !
Many thanks
Jason How
[/quote]

Hi Jason, always nice to hear from someone representing one of the companies whose products I like.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this, much appreciated.

Just to be clear, the first 20 members who have posted on this thread will be getting a free set of Rotosound RS66LD courtesy of Jason How at Rotosound. He will send them to me and I'll make sure everyone gets them.

I'll PM everyone tomorrow with more details.

Edited by discreet

Ey Jason! ;0)

I've just read through the thread and would like to add my own experiences. I've been a Rotosound user for many years and certainly would press that the new strings (post machine update) have been fine. I havent had any faulty strings at all. I am a sweaty tike and i do kill strings a lot quicker than some if i am gigging alot, but they, including the massive 175 gauge F# strings sound really good.

Obviously I haven't made myself clear. This is the list of members who will be getting the RS66LDs:

paul_5; LiamPodmore; BRANCINI; bartelby; Grant; bertbass; Lozz196; WarrenD; StraightSix; hairyhaw; gjones; Stacker; Paul S; Rumple; Marvin; dave.c; KiOgon; waynepunkdude; Raggy.

And me. ;)

Edited by discreet

We should also thank Paul_5 for the OP.

Edit: weirdly I found an intact set of RS66LD from around 1993-94.
It will be interesting to compare them with the new ones... do unused strings deteriorate over time?

[b]1993-94[/b] [b]2012 [/b]

Edited by discreet

My Macbook had a sever injection of toddler-saliva, so I've only just caught up with this thread. I'd like to echo my thanks to Jason at Rotosound and Discreet for being cheeky! I look forward to putting the handwounds through their paces...

Just a thought Jason, is it worth doing some recordings (while the strings are brand, spanking new) for you to analyse?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1327941230' post='1519139']
Fantastic! :D Very generous indeed, thank you!

How about a set for everyone who posted in this topic before your post and the rest first come first served?
Is that fair? You can post them all to me and I'll make sure everyone gets them, if you like.
Or whatever is best for you. What does anyone else think? :)

Thanks again, Jason.
[/quote]

Sounds fair, what an excellent idea. And what a generous gesture from jason at Roto.

Edited by BRANCINI