Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA2000 - suitable 1st amp ?

makemineamythos

I've been looking for a second hand Markbass littlemark 250 but cant find one. As I'm now becoming impatient (and my wharfdale diamonds are in increasing danger) I am now looking at other amps, and found a Hartke HA2000 on Fleabay.
Have any of you guys used one of these, can you tell me good/bad points please ?

Thanks,
Russ

Simply yes. I had one for 2 years, nice amp, robust, loud. I traded it for a Hartke HA3500 for a bit more beef and the DI out on the back that the HA2000 lacks. Other than that they are good amps and will do just about any job you ask if allied to a decent cab (I used a Hartke 410XL). If you can get a HA3500 amp for about the same or a little bit more then go for that.

Plus
Loud
Compact
Graphic
Solid/tube preamp

Negative
No DI out
New ones are silver coloured (I prefer the plain black)
Needs a decent rack box (I made one to fit out of chunky chipboard, plastic corners from Maplins)

Richard

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='168729' date='Apr 2 2008, 09:27 PM']Simply yes. I had one for 2 years, nice amp, robust, loud. I traded it for a Hartke HA3500 for a bit more beef and the DI out on the back that the HA2000 lacks. Other than that they are good amps and will do just about any job you ask if allied to a decent cab (I used a Hartke 410XL). If you can get a HA3500 amp for about the same or a little bit more then go for that.

Plus
Loud
Compact
Graphic
Solid/tube preamp

Negative
No DI out
New ones are silver coloured (I prefer the plain black)
Needs a decent rack box (I made one to fit out of chunky chipboard, plastic corners from Maplins)

Richard[/quote]

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the heads up on that. My cab is a peavey TX210 which I'm quite sure will be well matched and will suit my needs for now.
thanks again,
Russ

[quote name='makemineamythos' post='168735' date='Apr 2 2008, 09:41 PM']Hi Richard,
Thanks for the heads up on that. My cab is a peavey TX210 which I'm quite sure will be well matched and will suit my needs for now.
thanks again,
Russ[/quote]
can anyone help got a ha 3500 had it for seven years and its been perfect, loud and a good clear sound, you will be hard pushed to crank it to its limits. however!
have just got mine out of storage and started playing in a band again and its making a crakling sound as i play. you can still hear the guitar signal but its very anoying and gets worse when i put overdrive on have looked at all external factors and say its either my amp or my cab can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

They can be prone to the interconnectors coming loose between the circuit boards, expecially if it's been left in the boot of the car for a while and been bumped around. If it's out of warranty (yes 7 years, doh!), take the top off ([b]with the power disconnected of course[/b]) and disconnect and reconnect all the little wire plugs to make sure they are OK. Also the same with the pre-amp valve. Take it out carefully, check it's all looking OK, no loose bits on the inside, and replace it. Put it all back together and fasten the lid on. If it's still doing the same after this, then it's back to a pro repairer I think.

Richard

Edited by Vasquez Rich