Why become a member? ×

A new take on Superstition

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1340984785' post='1712477']
As soon as I heard this, I sent it to my pub-rock band as an example of less-is-more. As a counterbalance to that 2-overdriven-guitars-and-heavy-handed-drummer-rock-covers band, I've started the process of putting together my own female-fronted covers band aiming at wine bars and coffee houses, and I sent this video to a prospective singer as an example of what I'm aiming at. I really like the stripped-down vibe, and I just love the singer's voice. For me, that's the type of band I've been looking for for years.

Steve
[/quote]

Cheer's Steve.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1341040511' post='1713042']
Beat me too it Steve. Completely agree that the "stripped down" vibe really works especially as the Stevie Wonder version is pretty busy.
Awesome job Jake.
Incidently are these guys from RNCM and do you gig around Manchester? Would love to catch one of your gigs.
[/quote]

We had a residency at a Bar that we used to play every Friday & Saturday but the ownership changed hands after a refurb and they've stopped the live music there now which is a shame. We attempt to play at Dimitri's whenever we can for public gigs, other than that, it's generally private functions.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...