Why become a member? ×

Primus - Live @ Royal Albert Hall

shizznit

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1326988801' post='1504802']
might have to go to this one, i had tickets to see them in manchester last year but was brutally ill with violent vomit and poo escapades!
i was well gutted. :0
[/quote]

Gutted indeed...!

The RAH is a good venue and sounds good too - only downside is the beer prices :huh:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Burg' timestamp='1331643465' post='1576379']
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Bought mine from seetickets the day they went on sale. Both nights!
[/quote]

Nope, SeeTickets are awful, but the only way to get them as far as I could see.
Every single time I've bought tickets from those muppets, months in advance, I've ended up having to print off the email confirmation and collect the tickets from the Box Office on the day. Every time I swear I'll never use them again, but they seem to have a bit of a handle on all the gigs I want to go to - the bastards!

Eude

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1331644521' post='1576407']
Thinking about the Seas of cheese dates - Apparently one night is a 'Best of' set, the other night is Sailing the seas of Cheese & the new album start to finish (Both nights will be 2 sets with a break apparently!?).
[/quote]

Either way, I don't care what they play on the 4th date which I will be attending! Just gutted that Herb won't be on drums :(

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1331644819' post='1576417']
Either way, I don't care what they play on the 4th date which I will be attending! Just gutted that Herb won't be on drums :(
[/quote]

I thought that but having seen them with Jay and listened to the new album a lot I think I actually prefer him to Herb.
If it's true about playing all of Seas.. then you can consider my excitement tripled.

[quote name='jnoinkeis' timestamp='1331722302' post='1577592']
I thought that but having seen them with Jay and listened to the new album a lot I think I actually prefer him to Herb.
If it's true about playing all of Seas.. then you can consider my excitement tripled.
[/quote]

I've liked all the drummers Primus have had, particularly Brain, although I know he's not the most popular.
I actually think Jay's style is a nice mix between Herb and Brain, I really like his work with Charlie Hunter Trio too :)

I just can't bloomin' wait, even my wife is looking forward to it, she was pleasantly surprised when I took her to see them last year...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1331722567' post='1577602']
I've liked all the drummers Primus have had, particularly Brain, although I know he's not the most popular.
[/quote]

Herb is my fav, but Brain's drums on the Brown Album and Antipop is awesome. He is a top drummer.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1331722567' post='1577602']
I actually think Jay's style is a nice mix between Herb and Brain, I really like his work with Charlie Hunter Trio too :)

[/quote]

I thought Brain brought a cool heavier rock feel to the albums he was on. I love his spastic drum fills in Shake Hands With Beef.

Well I never, See Tickets have just emailed me telling me my tickets have been dispatched...
I didn't expect that, I was gearing up to furiously queue at the box office moments before the gig started, which tends to be the "See Tickets Way".
Oh well, perhaps they've finally ironed out their business model...

Eude

[quote name='Mark Latimour' timestamp='1331813804' post='1579240']
I have tickets to both nights. I can't wait!
[/quote]

I would have done that too if I knew at the time that they are playing two different sets over the two dates :angry:

From the Albert Hall site -

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[b]Wednesday 4 April[/b]
[i]Sailing The Seas Of Cheese[/i] & [i]Green Naugahyde[/i] performed in full[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[b]Thursday 5 April[/b]
2 special sets spanning the entire catalogue[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]
Oh boy oh boy![/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='jnoinkeis' timestamp='1332153221' post='1583874']
From the Albert Hall site -

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]Wednesday 4 April[/b]
[i]Sailing The Seas Of Cheese[/i] & [i]Green Naugahyde[/i] performed in full[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]Thursday 5 April[/b]
2 special sets spanning the entire catalogue[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Oh boy oh boy![/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Excellent, very glad I went for the Thursday night!
I love Sailing The Seas of Cheese a hell of a lot, but Pork Soda is definitely my favourite album, closely followed by The Brown Album, so there's every chance they'll play a little of both then.
Nice.

Eude