Why become a member? ×

1992 Yamaha TRB-6P (Mark 1), £950 + shipping

funkle

Hi all

You'll see from another thread that I'm selling a few things to sort out the tax bill this year.

I am selling a gorgeous Yamaha TRB6P (Mark 1 version) which I scored from a fellow Basschatter. It's a beautiful intrument with a great variety of sounds (including the lovely piezo option), but it turns out I'm just not quite suited to playing a 6'er. This is far and away one of the finest instruments I have owned or played.

It is a Translucent Blue colour, though this has mellowed a little with age to a slightly more teal colour. Beautiful. (See pics). It comes with the original brown Yamaha hardshell case. The string spacing is 19mm and the scale length is 33 7/8" . It weighs in at 4.8 kg. It currently has straplocks though the original strap pins are also included.

Tech specs from the original Yamaha website:[list]
[*]Construction: Neck-thru-Body
[*]Scale Length: 33-7/8" (860mm)
[*]Neck: Maple/ Mahogany
[*]Fingerboard: Ebony
[*]Nut Width: 2-3/16" (56mm)
[*]Radius: 39" (1000mm)
[*]Frets: 24
[*]Body: Figured Maple/ Rose/ Maple
[*]Bridge: BPZ-6 (with Piezo)
[*]Pickups: Single Coil x 2, Piezo Pickup
[*]Pickup: Switch 2 Balancer
[*]Controls: 5-Control System
[*]Hardware: Gold
[*]Color: Translucent Blue
[*]Piezo Pickups in Solid Brass Bridge
[/list]
(The piezo pickups used on the TRB models use individual bimorphous piezo elements for each string, all built into a specially designed bridge which is machined from solid brass.)

I have included pics of this wonderful insturment, and I have included a photo in the series to demonstrate the only flaw I could find, several slight scratches to the rear of the bass (see pic). The finish is otherwise generally stunning. The bass is in good working order, with a low set-up, fully working electronics, and a reasonably fresh battery. It's wearing Rotosound nickels. The frets have also been recently polished and the fingerboard oiled.

I am selling for [s][b]£950 + shipping[/b][/s], [b]SOLD[/b], precisely what I paid for it in the first instance. Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

All the best!

Pete

[attachment=96843:IMG_5041.JPG] [attachment=96844:IMG_5046.JPG] [attachment=96848:IMG_5056.JPG] [attachment=96851:IMG_5061.JPG] [attachment=96845:IMG_5048.JPG] [attachment=96849:IMG_5057.JPG] [attachment=96850:IMG_5058.JPG] [attachment=96847:IMG_5052.JPG] [attachment=96846:IMG_5051.JPG]

Edited by funkle

Just updated the pics with slightly better quality ones. They seem to look best when downloaded and zoomed in/out to full size; the ones here, even when clicked on, don't seem to expand much.

Meant to say - I am happy to email the super-detailed high res pics to people who request. The ones on here are good but by necessity (small storage limit) reduced in size. However the 4 MB original jpg files are a joy.