Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 2 Pro For Sale or possible trade

daveparker123

Hi there. I've decided to sell my Ampeg SVT 2 Pro because it's just not getting the use it deserves. It is a USA made model and comes re-valved in a flightcase. I jam with mates these days and use a small combo so may be interested in trades for a smaller rig so I can get a decenter (is that a word!) tone in these sessions. What I'm trying to say is (sadly) I'm going semi-semi pro.

[attachment=96716:IMG_2348.JPG]

I also have an SVT Classic 8 x 10 cabinet which is in well used but good condition and has a padded cloth cover. I'd say that the head is worth £800 and the cabinet £450 but together £1150. Trades I'd consider are Ashdown rc plus 4x10 plus cash my way or the like.

I'm in Barry in South Wales and welcome viewings and trials at my home.

I won't bore you all with the details you probably know already but wanted to state that this amp is very big and heavy. You'll struggle to lift this on your own and I want you to be aware of that. This is not a lightweight bass amp. This could be improved by using a lightweight rack case but I've always favoured the solid case for more protection. Obviously all irrelevant if you have a roadie!

[attachment=96717:IMG_2346.JPG]

[attachment=96718:IMG_2350.JPG]

On the plus side, it has tone you have to hear to believe, is built like a tank, has trouser flapping power, can handle 500 seater venues without PA support, has brand new full set of valves and is super reliable.

[attachment=96719:IMG_2347.JPG]

If you read reviews about this amp, many people who have no budget in mind choose it. It has often described as the holy grail of tone.

Thanks for reading and keep rockin', Dave.

Edited by daveparker123

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...