Why become a member? ×

Other instruments

Doctor J

• 1 month later...

Yet another squeezebox player. In my case melodeon and bandoneon (although I still have the very beat up G/C anglo that I first played). As with most semi-folkies (I've also played covers, country and hard rock) I play too many instruments - guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, harmonica and whistle but it's fun :mellow:

These days my bass playing is mainly on acoustic for a border morris side.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1325962657' post='1490526']

I studied folk music for 3 years and got a degree in Engineering.

[/quote]

Just for curiostiy's sake, how'd you do that... I mean, "I studied engineering and got really good at playing folk music"?

• 3 weeks later...

My 'main' instrument is actually the EEb tuba - I started on it when I was about 12 and played it and practiced religiously until I was about 22. I still have a nice Besson Sovereign 982 gathering dust but I don't play that often at all currently, or for the last 7 or so years. I wish I had the time to get back into it.
I did A level music on the Tuba and played in all sorts of decent contesting brass bands - 1st and Championship section.
Also loads of Orchestras, wind bands, brass ensembles, dixieland stuff etc. Played in military tattoo's in Canada and in all sorts of places.

I started on guitar when I was about 11 - classical, then stopped when I got to secondary school and started the brass thing.
I got a Fender strat when I was 14, then switched to bass at 16 - loved it ever since.
I still have a 6 string and an amp but just to noodle about on home.
i also have a Yamaha Clavinova which I just 'busk' on at home. I'm considering piano lessons.......

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1326061444' post='1491870']
I play another instrument too, the purple oboe... I wont post any pics up of it here though.
[/quote]

Pics or it didn't happen.

My studio projects involve synthesizers,samplers,sequencers,field recordings,shortwave radios,hammers and shouting.