Why become a member? ×

Wal Four Strings Mk1 1984

bass_4s

I've had this Wal bass since 1995 and would like to put it up for sale. It's rarely been used since, due to other interests. Shows some signs of wear and tear but it is fully functional. Hopefully photos are descriptive enough, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. [s]Open to sensible offers[/s]. Looking for £2500.

Edited by bass_4s

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1325520722' post='1483904']
according to rules you gotta post a clear price :)

bidding is for ebay and not here :)
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out. I wasn't aware of it. I was hoping to get some ideas of the price range that this bass can be sold for rather than encourage bidding. I'll see if I can get more info and will come back with a clear price.

That looks like the Flame Sycamore version. I had the fretless of that bass. Very nice.

If you check the For Sale section you'll find other WAL basses sold on BC.
Should give a reasonable indication of what its worth to other bassists.

Good luck with sale.

Dave

[quote name='Francesco' timestamp='1325529356' post='1484058']
Very nice Wal. Is it that greenish colour? Should go for €2500,- or more. Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

From distance it is more like light brown-ish. From close up certain details in the pattern can be said to look green-ish. But again depending on an angle of viewing. Hard to explain. I'll take some daylight photos and upload.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1325585370' post='1484585']
That looks like the Flame Sycamore version. I had the fretless of that bass. Very nice.

If you check the For Sale section you'll find other WAL basses sold on BC.
Should give a reasonable indication of what its worth to other bassists.

Good luck with sale.

Dave
[/quote]

Thanks Dave
I've amended my original post to include price.

[quote name='bass_4s' timestamp='1325633723' post='1485603']
From distance it is more like light brown-ish. From close up certain details in the pattern can be said to look green-ish. But again depending on an angle of viewing. Hard to explain. I'll take some daylight photos and upload.
[/quote]

I've seen one with birdseye maple facings, wich was chemically treated and had a very rare greenish coulor.

• 1 month later...