Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Early 80's Ibanez Roadster RS924

lowregisterhead

For sale is my 1980/81 Ibanez Roadster RS924 in transparent red, a rare, underrated, but very high quality bass. Being 30+ years old, it has a few dings and chips here and there, and a bit of buckle rash on the back, but is still in great shape for its age. The only real flaw I know of is that the head has come off one of the truss rod cover plate screws, but otherwise it's all original, fully functional, sounds phenomenal, and has very little fret wear. P/J configuration with a powerful 2-band active 9V EQ.

Controls are: volume, tone, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost, and pickup selector and active/passive switches.

No hard case, but I'll include a good quality gig bag. Please don't tempt me with trades, I'm trying to downsize!! Price is £395 plus shipping, or can be collected from near junction 10 of the M25.

So you can hear what these basses sound like, here's a clip of Graham Edwards with Go West soloing live on the 80's music TV program 'The Tube', with a huge sound just from the bridge pickup. The actual bass he's playing was originally mine - one of three I've owned over the years - I sold it to him after being tempted by a shiny new Stingray... :blink:

HAS NOW BEEN SOLD - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INTEREST!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMoeWkDhqA[/media]

Edited by lowregisterhead

I have had an identical one (P-J, 2-eq, 24 frets) in sunburst, from new since 1981. Sold it a couple of years ago. Built like a tank and extremely reliable, never had an issue in all those years. Great Japanese stuff :)

PS = the sound in that Go West clip brought me back to the days when a big dose of chorus was a must ... aaaaahhhh, the '80s.... :P

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1326357143' post='1495777']
Brilliant Go West clip! I'd forgotten about Graham Edwards. Great player...
[/quote]

Great player! These days Graham is one third of LA writing/production team The Matrix the others being his wife Lauren Christy and Scott Spock, whose credits read like a who's who of the US charts over the last 10 years. Their breakthrough hit was Avril Lavigne's 'Complicated'. A very talented (and probably now extremely wealthy) man!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...