Why become a member? ×

Overwater PJ on Gumtree

wateroftyne

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1325157665' post='1480295']
ha ha not helping..!!

The only think I can offer is that Wot is a trad Fender guy ( probably) ...so how will this sit on gigs..?
[/quote]
So what you are saying is you want him to buy it and post it to you? :P

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1325157738' post='1480299']
So what you are saying is you want him to buy it and post it to you? :P
[/quote]

Heh.

It's worth adding that if any BC'er does want this, I'll be happy to keep it safe until they're able to collect it.

(That's a genuine offer.. not a joke!)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325157716' post='1480296']
All good questions! No straight answers, unfortunately...

It's a question of can I afford this? [b]Y.. kind-of. If it's stays I'll be selling my Fretless '71 P.. :mellow: [/b]
Could I get a better bass for less or similar money? [b]Possibly... or possibly not![/b]
If I bought and wanted to sell later could I make the money back? [b]I dunno.. I'm new to the non-Fender market.[/b]
Do I want this bass? do the positives out way the negatives? [b]It's soooooooo bling![/b]
Would I play this less than a sunburst fender PJ? [b]If it was a great bass, no.[/b]
Would I mind it being different than the rest of my collection? [b]See above.[/b]

My comfort zone is under attack, and it's freaking me out. ha ha.
[/quote]

Wow you'ld sell the '71 for it if it stayed! I love the tone of that thing in your vids. that changes things a bit.

Put it anotherway. Regardless of sentimental reasoning....Say all your basses were in the pawn shop and you only had this one for a tour. Would the wages from the first night buy back one of the fenders for the rest of the tour, or would you be happy without it and get them all back at the end go the tour?

(my 2p... however good it is, it's not 'you' like that fretless is. you don't need it.)

ha ha ..I have a bling quilted maple and even that is a bit OTT for me these days. I prefer my solid white J with tort, TBH.
It would be great with a nice sunburst but it doesn't bother me THAT much to change it

What I would say is that the White J gets ALL the attention, even though the quilted maple AAA top would suggest otherwise.

I would think that £400 for a Quality refin would probably still put the bass up there as a good deal at £1300...and you needn't have it done straight away anyway.
Plus the neck detail therefore becomes a nice little subtle finish..rather than a stand-out look-at-me thingey

A refin is the easy part... you can't graft on great tone..

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1325168570' post='1480453']
It's 'likely' that if WoT went for this and wanted it refinishing he'd go to The Overwater Custom Shop (Dave is a member on here and ex-Overwater finisher now doing work for Sobell Guitars and artists like M Knopfler) and I think £400 is about the going rate for a quality refin.
[/quote]

what a guess! :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325172359' post='1480532']
I'm still sitting on my hands...
[/quote]

If it was that good that you're in such a dilemma save up your pennys and get them to make you a perfect one just for you.
PJ, sunbirst, (brazilian?) rosewood neck with blocks, passive, and perfect for you.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325178612' post='1480657']
I lack the additional £1500 needed to make this happen.... :)
[/quote] do you have the extra £400 to get this refinished in the future?

Oh BTW my essay is pretty much finished- it's amazing how much time I've spent on bass chat while writing it! :D

I'd go for this amazing value for what you get-

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-Fusion-Elite-hand-made-4-String-Electric-Bass-/220922511882?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item337002020a"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-Fusion-Elite-hand-made-4-String-Electric-Bass-/220922511882?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item337002020a[/url]

I'd upgrade to the new Preamp and you have a lot of bass for so little.

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1325194620' post='1480905']

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-Fusion-Elite-hand-made-4-String-Electric-Bass-/220922511882?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item337002020a"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337002020a[/url]

[/quote]

Ah.. that's not really my kinda thing...

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1325194620' post='1480905']

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-Fusion-Elite-hand-made-4-String-Electric-Bass-/220922511882?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item337002020a"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337002020a[/url]

[/quote]

the Progress III that bass gear have in too for £1k looks a good price too.
silly low prices, Overwater doing a warwick secondhand

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1325154677' post='1480238']
Hmm the overwater website has been so busy that it's crashed through using all his bandwidth! :)
[/quote]

Back up now guys - the site's really getting a lot of traffic at the moment ;)

New content going up soon.... slowly working away at it!

Stu