Why become a member? ×

Has any one ever fitted a Badass I or II to a Musicman bass?

Hi guys

I'm wondering if any of you have ever fitted a Leo Quan Badass I or II to a Musicman bass. Me and a friend (who owns a Musicman) were discussing it the other day as he's not a fan of the bridge on his bass so we were talking about possible replacements but I didn't know if any would fit straight on. It then got me wanting a Musicman with a badass II and chrome pickguard in sparkly metallic blue to match my Fender Steve Harris signature :P (I'd also through in a Seymour Duncan SMB-4D as I fit Duncans to all my guitars/basses evenutally)

So yeah, has anyone done this? Don't ask me why I'd want to do it, it's just a case of GAS I've got. Just like the GAS I have for a Spector Euro 5LX in cherry red, Rickenbacker 4001 in white with all black hardware, Jackson David Ellefson Custom Shop 4 string and Jackson JS3V (for when I realise I can't afford the David Ellefson Custom Shop model).

Cheers
Stevie

I can't see that the Badass would offer anything over the MM bridge....and as for the hassle..!!

IMO, The MM was an upgrade of the P-bass and the chance to put little things..like the bridge, right..
It later became a firm favourite and industry fave in its own right...

I can't see the Badass being an upgrade but I can see it making a mess..!!

Haha thanks, I'll let him know. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the MM bridge (looks wise) but I know it's good for sustain and much better than the old Fender BBOTs.
I better get my coat, I think I've just offended a lot of people with this thread xD thanks for letting me know though, i'll pass on the info to him. Tell him he's a silly boy and that he needs to stop being silly.

Why? Why would anyone want to do this?
The reason for the Badass is the Fender standard bridge was poor, the reason for straplocks is the Fender standard strap button design was weak. The reason for Humbuckers is that single coil pickups err... hum.

When Leo designed the MusicMan basses he sorted all of these things out so you wouldn't have to.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1325677598' post='1485895']
Why? Why would anyone want to do this?
The reason for the Badass is the Fender standard bridge was poor, the reason for straplocks is the Fender standard strap button design was weak. The reason for Humbuckers is that single coil pickups err... hum.

When Leo designed the MusicMan basses he sorted all of these things out so you wouldn't have to.
[/quote]

+1 to all of that!!

Go for it. It's only a piece of wood and piece of metal it's not like you've suggested cuttin off some birds tits and putting them on a bloke to see what that would look like. I think it would be nice( the bridge not the tits on a bloke) so give it a try what's the worst that could happen?